2002/1.8petrol starting problems - somebodyelse
hi can anyone shed any light on the problem i have with my citroen C5, sometimes when i try to start it up it assumes im trying to pinch it and puts the immobilizer on, i have to wait for about a minute lock then unlock the car before it will start. has anyone else had this problem, if so is it a simple fix or have i got to put my house on the market.
2002/1.8petrol starting problems - Screwloose

Tried another key?
thanks for reply yeah tried another key same problem. when it dos'nt start it zeros the clock im forever having to reset it, a pain in the butt
2002/1.8petrol starting problems - Screwloose

In that case I'd suspect a main power feed fault.

Having to replace the distribution fuseboxes is not unknown on many PSA cars; but check for corroded main fuses and loose connexions first.
2002/1.8petrol starting problems - Mondaywoe
Have you tried disconnecting the battery, reconnecting then resetting all functions such as clock, radio etc/ From what you say about the clock it sounds as if you're maybe doing this already but it does solve a multitude of problems with a C5 by resetting the computers. If the car fails to start after this procedure lock and unlock the doors afew times and it should sort itself out and reset the immobiliser.

Another possibility is that one of the doorlocks hasn't quite operated fully (C5s are notorious for door locks sticking!) A good dodge here is to try locking the car with a door or boot left open. This can make it 'cycle' attempting to lock up and jar free a sticky solonoid.

Graeme
hi c5 owner and screwloose sorry not replied before i've been away for a couple of days working. thanks for the tips i shall have a look at the week end, the sticking lock sounds promising though as the passenger door dos'nt unlock most of the time although it always locks, thanks again.
2002/1.8petrol starting problems - Mondaywoe
Another quick thought! Is your battery in good nick? An ailing battery on a C5 will cause all sorts of oddities.

Graeme