02 - Manifold Pressure Sensor 1.9 dci & 1.8 petrol - salieri
I have had increased consumption problem with my Laguna II, 2002, 1.8 16V that turned out to be a problem with Manifold Pressure sensor and Lambda probe. I bought the parts thru a dealer and have them installed in the garage. After replacement no improvements. The mechanic suggested that the Manifold sensor is not the proper one for my model. The package of the spare part had a label in which Laguna 1.9dci is written, along with some Nissan 1.2 and 1.4 engines. The dealer is convincing me that the same pressure sensor is for 1.8 gasoline engine, and the reason why this model is not on the label is because the manufacturer didn't have enough space to put all models on it. Is he right, i.e. same pressure sensor goes on dci model and 1.8 which means the problem is somewhere else or he is just a funny man? btw, the diagnostics showed problem with pressure sensor and lambda probe. What else could be the problem? Please help....!!!

{year added to header, as per the ignored request to do so}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 25/01/2008 at 20:59

02 - Manifold Pressure Sensor 1.9 dci & 1.8 petrol - Screwloose
The package of the spare part had a label in which Laguna 1.9dci is written
along with some Nissan 1.2 and 1.4 engines.

Huh? This was a genuine Renault part from a Renault dealer?
btw the diagnostics showed problem with pressure sensor and lambda probe.

Err; no they didn't. That just doesn't happen. There may have been a code definition that mentioned an error state in those CIRCUITS; but codes are never parts replacement instructions.

Many things can affect the operation of a sensor and flag a code - it doesn't follow that the sensor itself is faulty. Diagnostics is a difficult business.