2004 ,1.9dci fuel cosumption problem - shrekr1
my fuel consuption has dropped to 28 mpg,it starts fine but after driving for around 5 mins pull up at a set of lights and it missfires like mad ,it's been put on a code reader but comes up with no faults,it seems to run fine maybe a little loss of power but hardly noticeable,i have just had new heater plugs fitted but that was due to the engine management light appearing ,
2004 ,1.9dci fuel cosumption problem - Screwloose

What are you trying to read it with? Can that access manufacturer-specific codes and live data? Is the light still on and what code was listed?
yes it can ,it is a local garage that has sorted the management light it was a faulty plug,but i have changed them all,and the light has gone,my problem is as early morning missfire and the fuel consuption has dropped to 29 mpg,i have had new heater plugs fitted ,there is no error code on diagnostics,just missfire after about 5 mins idling,it starts fine every morning but after driving about 500 yds it starts to missfire then,when it is warm it seems ok ,no noticable power loss ,drives ok,taken it to a few local garages ,all different anwsers.
has some one had a similar problem or knows how to pinpoint it been told ,egr valve ,injectors,air flow sensor but cant afford to have all these changed
2004 ,1.9dci fuel cosumption problem - Xileno {P}
I would take it to a Renault dealer as the local garage may not have the very latest downloads for the CLIP system. Sometimes daily downloads have to be done to keep the system up to date.
the garage had the latest update ,and there is no codes present
2004 ,1.9dci fuel cosumption problem - Screwloose

Does it black smoke under acceleration? These are very EGR-prone.
no there is no black smoke,it was serviced 1500 miles ago,all the work was done by a close friend,so everything was done as it should