1995 220 coupe - ABS light on when warm. - snider
hi i have a rover 220 coupe 1995 (N) non turbo and the car starts fine but when she gets warm some times the ABS light comes on and then it will try cuting out can anyone help me

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 21/01/2008 at 00:09

rover 220 coupe HELP - Screwloose

Sounds like two separate problems. The ABS one is often a cracked/loose reluctor ring on one [or both] of the front drivshafts - the cutting out could be many things; when does it happen?
rover 220 coupe HELP - snider
hi well i went out init today and it was fine untill it got warm and the fan cames in then when the ABS light comes one it trys stallin

The ABS light is indicating a brake control system fault; the stalling[?] is an engine ECU issue - unless there's a common earth fault, no obvious connexion.

Give a more complete description of when it cuts out. What speed? Coming to rest? Does it restart easily? How does it feel - anything that would give some clue.

Getting the ABS fault-codes read would possibly help with that side of things.
rover 220 coupe HELP - snider
hi well it is fine untill i get the car carm running temp then i can just b driving along (any speed ) then the ABS light comes on if i am moving it will like coff like i tapped the gass pedal then come back then do it again but it only seems to do it when the ASB light is on or if a am at trafic lights stoped it will come on tick over bad then cut out but it starts back up ok but i was running it on my drive and it dident do it , and i have had some probs with the elc when i put the heated back window on the light comes on sayin the boot is open , the lad who had itr befor me cut the wires behind the stereo and think it only started doin it after he did that thanks nathan

If the wiring has been damaged - or even fried - by amateur bodgery; then the problem is only going to be found by thorough checking of all the various circuits and earth points - and that's a job for an expert auto-sparks.

Somewhere in that near-unintelligible single sentence there was something about a heated rear window, so check the loom into the tailgate for broken wires.