97 1.4 petrol - cuts out when idling/accelerating - indymorg
could someone please help i have a 97 Saxo that has suddenly stated to cut out when it feels like, when idling or when accelerating, sometimes its a split second and so restarts by momentum. only seems to start doing it when warm. otherwise no pattern. some times luls you into thinking its gone, then all of a sudden its starts doing it again
anybody any ideas

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 27/01/2008 at 20:55

97 cutting out - injection doc
Multifuction relay ( telecametric relay) under ECU a possibility. Need to check wiring in engine bay, loom at rear can cause this problem.
Doc
97 cutting out - indymorg
hi i have never heard of a telycametric relay what does it do and does it look like an ordinary relay ?
also what am i looking for with the loom ? damage or water ? is there any particular area that is commen
97 cutting out - injection doc
Brown or black & has about 16 pins Multifuction relay, powers up ECU, coils & injector etc. With the engine running " but take extreme care of moving parts " wiggle the loom from O/S/F wing that goes across back of engine.
Worth checking ign switch, try wiggling key's when running.
Doc
97 cutting out - snider
Hi, just reading your post. just seeing if you fixed it because i have the same problem with my rover coupe

{txt talk substituted for real words - word of warning for next time this happens, it's easier to delete than edit. so if you've wondered where your post has gone....}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 21/01/2008 at 09:46

97 cutting out - saxodebs
hi i also have exactly the same problem with my 97 saxo which has done 118,000 miles. if you find a solution can you post it so i can check on mine please. it is booked into the garage for monday so i am hoping they will find the problem. will let you know how it goes.
hi thanks that would be great
i am still investigating mine seem to be able to hear a very quiet & fast ticking noise just before it does it
let you know more at the weekend
hi, that's interesting that you hear a ticking noise because sometimes when i use my indicator i also get a fast ticking noise that sometimes continues after i stop indicating. Interestingly it seems to have stopped doing that recently and started the cutting out. apart from these irritating minor things it is a really good little car and drives superbly. i live in France and use it here so i will have to try and sort the problem out with the french mechanics. good luck this week end.
hi i took off the injection relay and opend it up 4 diods and a couple of sets of points but all looks ok. normaly when they are playing up they look burnt. plus i think they would play up on cold running as well. it has now developed a new trayt as u are driving it seems to cut out but keeps running but willnot respond to throtle until u switch off and start it again but only does it when warm. also noticed the fan relay has packed up and is now running to hot could this cause this agro seem to get slight pressure release from the filler cap on rad, maybe cap is faulty not holding pressure, does anybody know witch relay is the rad fan? stupid manual doesnot say
97 cutting out - Screwloose

Dunno about the manual - I can't even see anything that says which engine, or even fuel type, this is?
1997 1400 petrol {now added to header}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 27/01/2008 at 20:57

hi just to let you know have got car back from garage. they renewed "bougies" (spark plugs) and fitted new oil and air filter. it has been o k so far but haven't driven any distance in it yet so will have to wait and see if it's cured.
hi just to let you know all is not well. problem back again. i parked the car for half an hour while shoppping, went back to start it and nothing, engine completeley dead, panel lights lit up but nothing else just a sort of sound of draining electricity. Left it overnight as had no choice, went back and tried it this morning and it started up pefectly first time. back to the drawing board. any sucess with yours yet?