Mazda 323 - stuartph
Hello

I've just brought a mazda 323 glx v6 94 m with 74000 miles picked the car up on tuesday 28/5/02 and on 1/6/02 the abs light has come on while driving, drivers side outer driveshaft gaitour has come off and the aircon matrix is leaking a green fluid,the car was brought from a used car garge in bicester, what can i do.

stuart
Mazda 323 - J Bonington Jagworth
What do the garage say, or have they all gone on holiday...? Sorry to hear this, though.
Mazda 323 - stuartph
Hello There Again,
Just thought I'd let you all know that I finally got a full refund. I went to the Office of Trading Standards and they were extreamely helpful. I would recommend anyone having similar problems to not give up and get some good advice. Certainly being on this site helped me lots. Thanks guys.
So........the hunt is now on for another 323 24v V6. Anyone got one?

Regards,

Stuart
Mazda 323 - Dave N
The leaking green fluid is dye put into the a/c system to show leaks (and it's obviously working). You need a new condenser, don't accept just a regas.

Get it back there and tell them to fix it.
Mazda 323 - stuartph
Thanks guys for your replies.

The garage has only replied on the phone saying that I need to make a note of all the problems and get back to them after the holiday. Noting on the back of the receipt for the car, it says that I only have 7 days in which to notify them of any possible problems with the car. Is this in accordance with the Supply of Good Act 1994 can anyone tell me please?
The car was MOT'd on 23/05/02 as part of the agreed sale. The front fog lamp is not working. Should this be a fail on an MOT....does it need to work if it is fitted as standard on this model?
The garge agreed to regas the air con system. I do believe it has been regassed but do not have any proof of this. It is leaking badly however.
Thanks once again for all your help.

Stuart

Mazda 323 - Dave N
DON'T accept a regas, it needs a new condenser and receiver/drier. Otherwise it will only come straight out again. Would you keep blowing up a tyre with a puncture? It's already been gassed once, when the dye was added, and it's all coming out.
Mazda 323 - dan
Apparently, knowingly regassing a leaking aircon is also illegal. (as it is tantamount to emitting pollution directly into the atmosphere without licence).
I recall reading this in a previous thread.
Mazda 323 - jc
Front fog lamps are not part of the MOT.
Mazda 323 - Mark (RLBS)
I thought *all* lights had to be working, even if they were not legally a required light. No ?
Mazda 323 - dan
I hope not, l checked my lights the other day, and one of my rear fogs didn't work. I unscrewed it from mounting expecting a minor problem to find it had no bulb...or fitting...or back....or any wire leading anywhere near it!

I am thinking it got 'borrowed' by the tow bar electrics during a previous ownership or would this be mistaken?

dan
Mazda 323 - jud
Is it japanese?, the Primera i had only had one rear fog light, the other is a dummy to match.
Mazda 323 - John S
Dan

Very common and quite legal for cars to have only one rear fog light on the offside. Apparently it's to ensure that the brake lights remain visible even when the rear fogs are in operation.

Regards

John S
Mazda 323 - BrianW
IMHO, two foglights are better than one since it allows for bulb failure or being mistaken for a motorcycle (I have a fog light on mine BTW).
What is needed is a minimum separation between fogs and brakes!
Mazda 323 - dan
They're pretty low down (volvo480) and the working one's on the left hand-side one. (Don't laugh l can never remember if nearside means near-driver side or near pavement side -care to refresh my mem?)

dan
Mazda 323 - Mark (RLBS)
>>nearside means near-driver side or near pavement side

Well, problem is it changes as the side of the road driven on changes.

I can remember left=port=near since they all have four letters. I can just never remember if that applies in the UK or here.
Nearside/offside - J Bonington Jagworth
No wonder garages are always having the wrong items delivered!