N reg v8 - What's its value? Best place to sell? - rOundel
Ive a working (yes very rare!) Discovery v8 auto N reg to sell. Any one know what I should expect to get, and wheres the best place to sell?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 04/01/2008 at 12:27

Discovery v8 - Ian D
Best to post this in the discussion forum!
Discovery v8 - Dynamic Dave
Bump
Discovery v8 - M.M
Sell on EBay or Autotrader. My TDi manual went really well on EBay early in 2007. Value of yours, have a look on EBay for completed auctions and see what they've made. Condition (body & chassis rust/interior/mechanicals) is everything with these, plus the demand in the area and at the time you sell. Guess anything between £500 and £2000??

David
Discovery v8 - stunorthants26
In all honesty, its a pig of a car to sell being the V8. Id try the LR mags TBH. There you may have luck finjding someone who is a enthusiast who may be able to look past the horrendous thirst these cars are known for.

Value depends on spec, colour and condition, so can only give the ballpark of £1000-1500 if your lucky.
Discovery v8 - madf
Local uses one for weekend of road stuff. I imagine it would be ideal.. Try selling on relevant sites?
Discovery v8 - Screwloose

A V8 is worth more as parts that whole. The guy in the next unit breaks loads of mint-looking ones - even up to R-plate. He pays the dealers about £200 for them.
Discovery v8 - OldSock
Have to agree with Screwloose - though whether that's of any use to the OP is another matter.

Having a partly-dismantled car outside the house for weeks can make for 'domestic disharmony'.... :-)
Discovery v8 - M.M
The breaking option is a sad reality. Despite my old TDi being quite exceptional I could have sold the engine/transmission/axles/pas pump for what the vehicle fetched... and probably had another £500 in bits over time as the rest was dismantled. But as mentioned above it isn't the most garden friendly way.

Trust me EBay is trawled every day by the hardened LR enthusiasts and will likely get more page views for your vehicle than a magazine or local club source.

David
N reg v8 - What's its value? Best place to sell? - mrmender
I'm interested if engine is 100% ok