'94 Estima 2.2td Clutch Change - thomp1983
hi, has anyone ever changed a clutch on the above vehicle? it's the 2wd version looks like there's one coming up to be done over christmas break in our family, any advice etc. would be gladly received. ive set aside 2 days for it which i would think to be plenty provided there's no other problems lurking

cheers
chris

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 20/12/2007 at 17:49

'94 Estima 2.2td Clutch Change - stuartl
I havent had personal experience of this but I've seen a few on ebay that have been sold for spares as the cost and the size of job a clutch change entails is simply not worth doing.

I'm pretty sure there is an Estima Owner's Club that might be worth a hunt for
'94 Estima 2.2td Clutch Change - thomp1983
clutch is priced at around the £130 mark for full kit so don't really think that's too bad, suspect it will be labour intensive due to the engine position/mounting which is effectively under the front seats. i can't imagine it'll be technically too bad as were talking about an early 90's jap bus so not the height of engineering.

tried the owners club and google but much doesn't seem to be about so guess it might be a case of suck it and see, thankfully it's not a 4wd model so doesn't hve even more gubbins to deal with

chris
'94 Estima 2.2td Clutch Change - TurboD
hope it is not as bad as a MR2 import!