Ken does U-turn on Con Charge Exemptions - boxsterboy
After over a year of dangling the carrot of exemptions to the Con Charge if you drive a car in VED bands A & B, encouraging nearly all mainstream manufacturers to spend considerable sums of money in making cars that would comply, Ken has changed his mind.

The proposed exemption is, reportedly, no more. But funnily enough the £25 penalty charge for Band G vehicles (and no residents discount) remains! No word yet on hybrid exemptions.

Why should some cars that are smaller and pollute less than hybrids be charged whilst hybrids are free (VW Polo Bluemotion vs Toyota Pious? Sorry, Prius.

Edited by boxsterboy on 20/12/2007 at 11:57

Ken does U-turn on Con Charge Exemptions - Garethj
Or why is it now a pollution charge, not a congestion charge?

Personally I'm driving my car 2 yards on the starter motor and claiming it's a hybrid
Ken does U-turn on Con Charge Exemptions - TheOilBurner
At least the gov't is still making band A cars exempt from VED. At least until everybody buys one...

How will they ever make money from us once they've bullied us all into buying 0.5 litre diesel engined bubble cars?

Edited by TheOilBurner on 20/12/2007 at 12:06

Ken does U-turn on Con Charge Exemptions - nick
They'll tax them or something else. They'll get us in the end. Let's just hope we get a government one day that runs things efficiently and assumes I can spend my money better than they can.

Edited by nick on 20/12/2007 at 12:10

Ken does U-turn on Con Charge Exemptions - Lud
You can't call Livingstone 'government'. He is that tiny, joky thing 'local government'. Trouble is it's London, so it's tiny and joky but writ incredibly large.

He's a screaming carphound. So are those who support him in government and in little small borough councils. Carphounds and monkeys. But we knew that already, didn't we?