1.25 zetec engine Refit... N reg to an R reg. - carl24488
Hi all. my fiesta engine recently gave up on me and blew a piston. i have had the enigine taken out and i have aquired what i thought was the same engine from another fiesta, however there are parts on it that arent on my original engine. i have a fiesta zetec s 1.25. the new engine has the same zetec s 1.25 badge on it and i assumed it was the same... my car is a 98R and the engine was taken from a N reg. is there anything that was taken off the zetec 1.25 in the time between these two cars and will it still fit,,, its on its mounts and mostly connected but theres a pipe coming out the manifold thats not on my original engine and i dont know where to connect it?!?

thanks all

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 17/12/2007 at 19:11

1.25 zetec engine Refit... N reg to an R reg. - jc2
Why not fit the whole manifold??
I have dropped the whole manifold, engine, gearbox and clutch in but what i mean is that their is what i think is a sensor coming out of this manifold that does not appear to connect anywhere and was not on my old engine,,, its about the size of a tub of wax and connects to the inlet manifold and outlet.
1.25 zetec engine Refit... N reg to an R reg. - normd2
would that be the 10floz tub of wax or the 10 gallon one....?
lol small regular pot of hair wax... or if you like about the size of can of tuna. as i said it connects to the inlet and outlet manifold ive been told. could i just loop the two copper pipes that come off of this together and leave the rubber lead unconnected? ill try and get a pic up soon.
right ok, this is a photo of the part on another zetec s engine, it was not on my old engine but is cut off on the new one. can anyone tell me what this is or whether it has to be connected?

its in the top right with 2 copper pipes coming off it.

tinyurl.com/3x5krm

Carl no probs in posting the link to e-bay but can you use the Tinyurl link in th sticky in Discussion to shrink it in future, otherwise it all goes Haywire.

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 18/12/2007 at 15:07

1.25 zetec engine Refit... N reg to an R reg. - Screwloose
Looks remarkably like an EGR valve to me. Fitted to some engine codes only; mainly 10/97-on.

Edited by Screwloose on 18/12/2007 at 15:05

yeh it is, just looked at egr on google and thats what it is... because my car didnt come with this can i connect it anywhere or is it safe to just leave it on their? or should i swap manifolds?
1.25 zetec engine Refit... N reg to an R reg. - Screwloose

That's one of those unanswerable questions. There are about ten versions of the DH engine and there will have been about a hundred detail changes in that period of time.

Whether this engine will like the ECU settings of your car without the EGR working is something that can only be guessed at. It's fuelling map would have been set to allow for a proportion of inert air being drawn in.

1.25 zetec engine Refit... N reg to an R reg. - mfarrow
That's one of those unanswerable questions. There are about ten versions of the DH engine
and there will have been about a hundred detail changes in that period of time.

A start would be checking the part numbers (format similar to 95-XXXX-XXX-AA) on the heads and blocks. Maybe see if you can spot them on the camshafts also by taking the rocker covers off. That will confirm engine dimensions and timing.

The only thing you can't check is the compression ratio (a big but I suppose!).

--------------
Mike Farrow
1.25 zetec engine Refit... N reg to an R reg. - cheddar
I would use all of the 97 ancilliaries thus changing manifolds etc unless identical.
1.25 zetec engine Refit... N reg to an R reg. - topbloke
your ecu will be mapped for your old engine, mechanically the engine will be almost identical, so i would change all sensors, manifolds, flywheel etc ie strip the new engine of all sensors, (temp, crank, cam,) clutch, flywheel,alternator, starter, powersteering pump, and transfer all the bits over to the new engine