04 1.9tdi - Won't start from cold - christo
Help! This morning SWMBO had an appointment at the hairdressers and our A6 Avant 1.9tdi SE (54 plate, 69k) would 'turn over' but not start. Apparently the emmission control system warning light came on which I can only presume is a problem with the cat or particulate filter (if it has one!!). The car is a Mutitronic so I reckon I'm going to have to get it recovered from home to our local Audi dealer. Sounds expensive already!

I appreciate the first place to look will be via Mr Audi 's diagnostic equioment, but does anybody have any thoughts on the problem etc.........

Regards...

Age engine size/type inserted.

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 14/12/2007 at 16:43

04 1.9tdi - Won't start from cold - Screwloose
christo

Try a different key.
I gave all that stuff up years ago! It's still sat on the drive, I'll give it the once over tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help...........
I gave all that stuff up years ago!

Ehh??
04 1.9tdi - Won't start from cold - jayeastanglia
think a post was removed
04 1.9tdi - Won't start from cold - Pugugly {P}
I don't think so - unless one of the others removed something but I didn't see a reason to edit.

{Not me - DD}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 15/12/2007 at 00:02

christo

Just to clarify; the keys are coded to the immobilizer. Sometimes one goes duff.
Update. A few weeks ago while checking the engine etc I noticed that some sort of creature ie mouse had been in the engine bay and stored berries, seeds and the like for winter, near to the top ot the suspension turrets. This happened on a couple of occasions and I cleared them up on noticing them.

Yesterday morning I had a good look around the engine bay and took the large plastic engine cover off only to notice that down by the fuel filter was a nest of leafs and twigs amid the cables and other bits. When the leafs were removed I found out that our freindly rodent had chewed through one cable (6 wires) and partially through another (4 wires). No wonder the car won't start!! We do live out in the sticks in Norfolk but this is the first time I've heard of this. I suppose it must be quite a nice warm place to live in winter for these little creatures.....

Tommorow must get onto an auto electrician to sort the cables & loom out and hopefully get the car started. Hopefully our friendly mouse has moved on elsewhere........