Warning light on MR2 - deltaseven
My Toyota MR2 (grey import) has a warning light on the dash which has started to come on quite frequently. It originally started lighting after about 15 miles, now after as little as 2 miles.

The light looks a bit like an in-line fuel filter (sort of a square box with a straight pipe on either side), and has heat haze lines above it.

Does anyone know what this light means?
D7
Warning light on MR2 - jc
Your catalyst is getting too hot-jap legal requirement.
Warning light on MR2 - ma
It means engine bay is too hot. On the engine bay lid is a little plastic sensoe. apply a lighter flame a little away from it just to warm it and see if the fan on the off side rear of the engine bay air intake starts to run. If not a new one is required!

Matt
Warning light on MR2 - Richard Hall
Grey import MR2, and an A series engined Metro - there's an interesting contrast. Certainly matches my pair (Audi Coupe 20V, VW Polo C Formel E) for variety. Anyone else got a more improbable vehicle fleet?

Richard Hall
bangernomics.tripod.com
Warning light on MR2 - Ian Cook
Sorry, Richard - you've got me stumped (but that's not difficult). Where did you get the connection with an A series engined Metro?
;o)

Ian Cook
Warning light on MR2 - Richard Hall
Ian

See the thread on 'Jammed valve on 998cc Metro' further down the list. It's the same author.

Richard Hall
bangernomics.tripod.com
Warning light on MR2 - Ian Cook
Ah, of course.

Ian Cook