2000 2.0L auto estate - hesitation/judder. - mondeo lover
hi all.
im after some advice on my mondeo estate, 2.0L auto 2000 W reg. whilst driving i can feel a hesitating/ judder, this can also be felt on tick over. i have had the spark plugs changed, also the HT leads, also the fuel filter, but its still doing it. any advice would be gratefully received.
thanks

SLT to reflect the problem

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 14/11/2007 at 20:50

2000 2.0L auto estate - hesitation/judder. - Screwloose
ml

Having the fault-codes read is always the best way to start; but if you're continuing with trying likely parts, the coilpack would be next.

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 14/11/2007 at 20:50

hi screwloose,
thanks for info.
i have had the codes read, and none came up. i have put a new coil pack on and it's still the same. so thats a new coil pack,leads and plugs, is there anything else???????
thanks mate.
kevin
kevin

Compression test; measure the vacuum level in the inlet manifold; the oxygen sensor readings; check for airleaks into the breather hoses [particularly under the coil] and through the manifold gaskets.
hi. just to let you know that the car went into the garage today and they have said they can find nothing wrong with the car although they they can hear the hesitation whilst idling and feel it whilst driving. im now stuck as to what it could be. do you have any other ideas i could try as i cant really afford to keep paying garage bills.
many thanks and appreciate all the previous help.
kevin
kevin

Good; they've done those tests. What were:-

The compression figures?
The vacuum level at idle?
The oxygen sensor voltages and sweeprate?
The airleak tests?

Edited by Screwloose on 05/03/2008 at 21:51