'05 136 bhp, intermttent lack of power - scotsman_1
The vehicle is suffering from an intermittent lack of power. In low revs in 3rd or 4th gear the engine pulls back similar sensation to the rev limiter cutting if you have over revved it.

I have been in touch with the Nissan agent and as usual in these circs they want the vehicle to be doing the problem all the time before they will replace the offending part under warranty.

They think and so do I that the problems is the diesel air mass filter having had a similar problem previously with my previous Tino but the agent will not change it even although it is a cheap item. I have suggested that they put the vehicle on their computer to check the problem out but they say it would not nessarily show up.
Any ideas?

Scot

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 11/11/2007 at 10:53

'05 136 bhp, intermttent lack of power - Falkirk Bairn
Read an article on X-trail with similar symptoms (smae engine?)-

Resolved by filling with Premium Diesel - Shell Vpower - BP Ultimate

(watch out BP Ultimate Petrol looks similar!!!)

Owner claimed this resolved his intermittent problem with 2/3 fills

Worth a try as this might be only £10 more over 1000/1500 miles
'05 136 bhp, intermttent lack of power - Mchenry
What a coincidence - I was going to post in the next couple of days concerning my X-Trail with the same engine doing this. It's not misfiring becuase it did it the other day while I had my hand on the gear lever and I didn't feel anything in the lever. It just hesitates for a few seconds.
Snipquote!
Mchenry

I am going to give the Shell power a try and as you state if it is not a misfire I still think it is the air mass filter

Regards

Scot

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 13/11/2007 at 12:40

Falkirk Bairn

Thanks for the reply will try the Shell option although i still think having done further research it is the air mass filter

Thank you

Scot
Snipquote!

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 13/11/2007 at 12:40

'05 136 bhp, intermttent lack of power - rubberlegs
Hi Scot,
I can't help you with this, but I have just posted a reply to you regarding your query on CD changers for the Tino.
Andy.
'05 136 bhp, intermttent lack of power - rubberlegs
My son had a diesel Scenic with very similar symptoms. Seems it was/is a common problem on Renault diesels, particularly the Espace which has the bigger engine (2.2 I think). It was blamed on the EGR valve but despite various attempts to cure the problem it kept on coming back. He sold the car.

I don't have a problem with my Tino, touch wood, but wouldn't know where to look for the Air Mass Filter anyway. Where is it and what does it do? Being an old codger I'm more accustomed to working on simpler engines and find these modern ones to be a whole different ball game.

Andy.
'05 136 bhp, intermttent lack of power - Screwloose

Has this Tino got a vacuum-operated butterfly valve[s] on the inlet manifold?
Update on the above

The vehicle went back to the local Nissan agent and the fault was diagnosed on the garage computer as a faulty throttle sensor.When this was activated the vehicle went in to limp home mode and contimed to do so until this was reset by the garage.

All appear to be on order now

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 02/12/2007 at 11:24