Auto headlights sensitivity - normd2
driving along a straight road yesterday late afternoon I noticed an approaching car's lights going on and off repeatedly. I then realised they must be auto lights reacting to the sunlight streaming between clumps of trees. It was an Aston Martin DB9 (? pretty new looking anyway) - surely the sensor shouldn't be as sensitive as that??? Too posh to push? (a button:)))

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 20/10/2007 at 12:31

auto headlights sensitivity - Old Navy
The auto lights on my Ford come on instantly on entering a dark area but have a considerable delay on switching off. As I believe Astons are made from the Ford parts bin and are only posh Fords it probably had a duff component or drivers switching digit.
auto headlights sensitivity - a900ss
Same here with my S-Max. They come on fairly easily but take a bit longer to extinguish themselves.

One thing I have noticed (and I think is very clever): I also have auto wipers and when the wipers come on (full rather than intermittant), they automatically turn the headlights on irrespective of light intensity.

Although I would turn my lights on anyway, it does ensure that you have dipped lights on in the rain which can only be a good thing.
auto headlights sensitivity - runboy
Agree. My Octavias auto lights sometimes come on when you really don't need them to, or when entering a shady patch under some trees, but the shortest they will stay on must be a minute or so.

Now the mornings are darker my "coming home" lights stay on in the carpark so when I leave the vehicle I get a few shouts of "you've left your lights on". I'm just perfecting the timing so I can shout back "abracadabra" and they flick off.....
auto headlights sensitivity - Dynamic Dave
The ones on my Vectra come on too early as well. I've taken to switching off the auto feature so as not to be mistaken for a Volvo driver ;o)
auto headlights sensitivity - gmac
I've taken to switching off the auto feature so as not to be mistaken for a Volvo
driver ;o)

>>
I'd leave the lights on, even Mr. Magoo can tell the difference between a Vectra and Volvo :)
auto headlights sensitivity - Dynamic Dave
I'd leave the lights on even Mr. Magoo can tell the difference between a Vectra
and Volvo :)

But can he tell the difference between the drivers of one or the other?
auto headlights sensitivity - bell boy
Theres an A road near me with a bridge and just after it a turning,i saw a clio go under this bridge about a year ago and his lights and wipers came on,a car waiting at the junction took the flash to pull out and did
auto headlights sensitivity - Bill Payer
a car waiting at the junction took the flash to pull out and did

I think that's definitely a real hazard especially on cars with Xenon lights as they tend to brightly flash when they first come on.

I don't use the auto feature on my car for that reason.
auto headlights sensitivity - gordonbennet
I know i'm not a yoof any more but i havent reached the point where i can't or don't know when to turn me blessed lights or wipers on or off, and i'm afraid i will not be buying a car with either of these functions.

Just more rubbish of little use except to go wrong and cost an arm and leg to put right.

Have to bear with me its been a tiring week.

I'm going to start talking Chinese ditchfinder tyres soon

auto headlights sensitivity - bell boy
please dont gordon i couldnt bare another tread on tyres tonight and im tired as well and deflated at the mo
auto headlights sensitivity - gordonbennet
well and deflated at the mo

Groan i deserved that wheel done' i must tread more carefully and check puncturation

Avon der where this will go next?
auto headlights sensitivity - mjm
Dunlop pan.