Security key pad - dieselyob
Hi, Trying to get around a problem on a mates P reg petrol xantia, I think its been through various owners, so the code on the keypad is anyones guess. He got it with the 1111 service/ valet code but would like to be able to put his own personal code in, does anyone know how to do this without knowing what the last personal code was, or is there a way of by-passing it completely, that won't cause any future problems, i.e if battery is ever removed.
Security key pad - L'escargot
I'm probably stating the obvious, but a Citroen dealer might be the best recourse.
--
L\'escargot.
Security key pad - L'escargot
This might be of help tinyurl.com/2fauz6
--
L\'escargot.
Security key pad - elekie&a/c doctor
Does the car run with the 1111 service code selected on the key pad?
The car runs with no problems at all on the 1111 code, (if it were me it wouldnt bother me), but he either wants to put his own code in or not be bothered by it at all by getting it by-passed, and as for our local dealers, well, he went over there and one chap said one thing and another contradicted him, so other avenues have been tried!
As the car runs ok ,then the keypad immobilser can be disabled on a permanent basis by disconnecting the keypad electrical connector (at rear of unit).This must be carried out with the engine running.Btw this applies to any Peugeot /Citroen models with early keypad immob system.hth
And this won't cause any future problems, say if the battery is ever disconected?
Never had any probs in the past.The system can always be reinstated at a later date if reqd.
Thanks that's very helpful. All the best!
Security key pad - bell boy
just remember to keep the keypad in the boot in case you are in a strange town with a flat batt