94 Melted black box by inlet manifold-What is it ? - partycpluk_2
have found a cigarette packet size black box with a vacuum pipe going from the inlet manifold on the end of the black pipe near manifold end it has a brass valve in it, the black box has a connector block with about 4 wires in it, this is located behind the windscreen wiper motor above the servo. can anyone please tell me what this part is and what its for as it appears to be melted we are having problems with the running of the car and thought it may be to do with this but i don't have a clue what the part is..... many thanks. this is a reuault espace 2 ltr ish m reg

Tweaks to subject line, e-mail response for solutions deleted so we can all learn

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 12/10/2007 at 19:43

can anyone help - bell boy
sorry no emails a coming from me
but
it sounds like the map senser,without this connected and working your car would run (or not) at the equivalent of having a choke fully out
can anyone help - partycpluk_2
thankyou very much for your help gave email addy as wasnt sure how this site worked but got your reply so thanks will look into it being the map scensor my husband seems to believe it is sure to be that part.
can anyone help - Screwloose

Of slightly more concern would be why it has melted?