Older car fuel consumption stats? - mark830_1
Could anyone advise where i can find the govt fuel consumption figures for older cars, ie approx 1994 through to 2001. The Urban, 56mph and 75mph type figures. In the market for an older 4*4 and want to make some comparisons.

I am a new member of the back room and look forward to your input

Thanks in advance

Mark W
Older car fuel consumption stats? - DP
Mark,

You might want to have a look for owners club sites on t'internet and ask people what they get in the real world. This is more valuable information and probably quite different to the official figures.

You could try asking here - a lot of people on here have had a lot of different vehicles.

Cheers
DP
--
04 Grand Scenic 1.9 dCi Dynamique
00 Mondeo 1.8TD LX
Older car fuel consumption stats? - local yokel
www.parkers.co.uk Technical data pages give a combined figure for many older models
Older car fuel consumption stats? - Happy Blue!
Wasn't the combined figure made up of an average of the 50% urban driving, and 25% each of the other two figures?

It was reckoned in the old days that if you got 90% of the average figure you were doing OK? Do I remember that right?
Older car fuel consumption stats? - Gromit {P}
The AA's car tests include both official MPG figures and actual figures measured on test - which are invariably lower. The database of tests runs back to 1990, with tests for both new and used vehicles (which can be useful, in conjuntion with HJ's CBCB to spot potential faults) in the earlier years.
Older car fuel consumption stats? - L'escargot
Try tinyurl.com/2bw9kz Straight from the horse's mouth.
--
L'escargot.
Older car fuel consumption stats? - mark830_1
Thanks all those that replied, the 1st 2 replies came through whilst still logged on having just posted question!. The AA road test archive works well and is free, does not detail the govt fuel figures but it's own findings. which is still useful. The link that someone gave to me sadly details only current cars on sale at the moment but thanks anyhow. Will be shortly posting further questions re specific vehicles and there fuel consumption. thanks again to you all
Mark