Underhand Service Items - Creeping Service Costs - MrWednesday
All,
Just had a call from my dealer who is carrying out an 18K service on my pick-up, which is only eight months old. Supposedly the Air Con needs recharged - obviously due to all the hard work it's done this summer, and also for Front Wheel Hub Adjustment. Apparently both are chargeable. Ok, I'm a realist, the A/C recharge might need done, as no system is perfectly sealed, however in less than a year and still well within warranty? As for the F Wheel hubs, surely if Mitsubishi know that it is going to be needed to be checked / adjusted - every other service as the person from the dealership describes, it should be included as part of the appropriate service, and the cost should be included in that service, wether it happens or not. This service is costing £300 already, and I can't help feel they are at it, as I had the hubs adjusted at 6K miles already.

Surely if it is a known problem the Manufacturer should be picking up the cost? Anyone else with the same experience?
Underhand Service Items - Creeping Service Costs - Collos25
What are they actually doing for £300 if I bought a fridge and it failed I would want it replaced a car AC is no different and I cannot believe they do not adjust the wheel bearings on an 18,000 service.I think some strong words are needed in somebodies ear.
Underhand Service Items - Creeping Service Costs - bell boy
unless the a/c system is punctured i would not be happy
i certainly wouldnt be happy to have to pay extra to have bearings readjusted
what is mitsy uk"s stance
Underhand Service Items - Creeping Service Costs - injection doc
I would challenge what they are doing for £300 already , Air con shouldn't need attention already & if it does it must have a leak, did you notice the air con was poor?. Sounds like a scam for front hub adjustment already. I wonder what the three years free servicing is on the new L200 ! as to whether its worth the paper its written on. Have you tried ringing another Dealer to see what there response would be. I wouldn't pay for air con after 8 months or hub adjustment its too new!/
Doc