04 kangeroos when pulling away.. - steveo3002
my father owns a 04 city rover, 19k miles ( dont start on me...i told him no)

ive been using it to run my mother around while dads ill, i find it impossible to pull away without kangerooing with a cold engine...its slightly better when hot but still a bind to drive

is there any common faults that cause this?

another thing...the power delivery is notchy /uneven , is that a characteristic on these ? maybe i expect too much comparing it to our 19yr old polo lol
04 kangeroos when pulling away.. - steveo3002
ooh one more thing...sounds like its rather tappety

normal or no?
04 kangeroos when pulling away.. - rtj70
One question would be has this car ever been driven with close to an empty tank?

I once had a Fiesta with similar symptoms. Engine was also tappety - but that's another story! Even got engine replaced on warranty.... and it still had the original symptoms afterwards. Doh.

Seems the injection system had got blocked - engine place blew high pressured air through the system and fixed it for a while. In the end went to my usual garage and they flushed the system with some sort of cleaning liquid and fitted an in-line filter to the fuel line. Never went wrong again for as long as I had it (few months later got a company vehicle).

Could be something simple? Would spark plugs do this?
04 kangeroos when pulling away.. - Dry bearings
Can't say I had any trouble with mine.I always found the engine very energetic and responsive (1.4).
It's a Puegeot engine I believe.
I'm no expert,but I would check plug leads etc,could be electrics.wouldn't take a garage long to cure the prob.
04 kangeroos when pulling away.. - bathtub tom
Has it ever been serviced?
04 kangeroos when pulling away.. - bell boy
they need servicing? :-oooooooooooooo ;-)