Replacing a horn - SMD
Hi guys

The horn has packed up on my 1999 Ford Ka. It still works, but it's about 1/10th of it's volume and sounds like someone is letting air out of a balloon! I'm guessing it's a pretty easy job to swap one out and one in, and could probably get a spare from a scrappy.

I just need to know where to locate it under the bonnet?!

Anyone with any clue or helpful advice I'd like to hear from ya!

Cheers
Replacing a horn - spikeyhead {p}
Check the voltage across the horn before you change it. Nothing worse than changing a part only to find you'd got a bad earth.
--
I read often, only post occasionally
Replacing a horn - Dynamic Dave
Some horns have a 'hidden' adjustment screw. Maybe it just needs adjusting to bring it back into tune.
Replacing a horn - jc2
Bottom n.s.f behind the wheel arch liner.
Replacing a horn - Pugugly {P}
Buy a new one. Stebel Magnum is the biz....just bought one for the bike an old fashioned horn with plenty of poke. £12.99 from e-bay (see 30013675074 ) about £15.00 from Halfords. They are CANbus
approved and enough to wake the dead.
Replacing a horn - MW
Happened to me years ago on a Polo. Bad connection, bit rusty as the horn is 'out front' in the elements. Before discarding it, clean up connnectors and try.
If no good, run a lead (even jump leads) from the battery to clean horn connectors. Loud noise = good. No noise = bad. If it works it might be the horn button or switch.
Replacing a horn - jc2
Most Ford horns are Fiamm.
Replacing a horn - L'escargot
I can't remember the last time I sounded a horn as a warning. I'd had my current car 6 months before I even got round to testing it. That was 2 years ago. I suppose it's time I tested it again.
--
L\'escargot.