Air bag warning light (2003) - bathtub tom
This suddenly started flashing 60 miles into a journey. Nothing's been done recently, and I didn't hit any big bumps or anything similar.
I've pulled apart the connectors under the seats, (and put them back together), pulled and re-fitted any fuses and relays that appear to have anything to do with the bags and belt pre-tensioners, to no avail.
Is there any way I can interrogate anything to indicate what may be making it unhappy?
Can an 'indie' interrogate anything, or is it a main dealer mortgage job?
'53 Almera Air bag warning light - scrapmetal
This will either be the connectors under the seat or the passenger airbag connector, doesn't have to be main dealer job but you will need the fault codes erasing after the fault is repaired.
'53 Almera Air bag warning light - bathtub tom
I guess the passenger air bag connectors behind the glove box, I'll have a look tomorrow (It's too cold, dark and wet tonight).
If it's a dodgy connection that's rectified by pulling apart and back, will this stop the warning light, or does it remain flashing until the fault code's erased?
'53 Almera Air bag warning light - scrapmetal
It will remain flasing until fault code is erased. You can do the same with the brown connectors under the seats ( side airbag connectors)
'53 Almera Air bag warning light - bathtub tom
Thanks for that.
I've pulled apart the connectors under the seats, there's two of them, one's a two-way connector, the other's a single wire connection. I guess the single's a detector for my fat backside?
Don't mention the skinny mule seat cover on t'other side - OK mods?