- Alloy Wheels Fitting Problem ? - storme
i recently bought some new alloys wheels from www.alloywheels.com/ (im not shaming as their service was good)

and a nice set of wheels they are..but i think ive found a problem..on friday in my haste, i fitted these lovely wheels to my car.Today ive just removed one of them to paint the calliper :D and ive found that they centralise on the wheel nuts and not the centre location bit..i obviously bought these as wheels specific for my car, so they are aware they are for a misubishi fto..
is this correct? is it wrong?? is it safe?

or would an easy way out of it be for me to make a sleeve at work to loacte the wheel properly???(i am an engineer so its quite easy)

thx for any input
--
sometimes a little bit too much opinion....but its only because i care !!!

Moving it over to Tech - PU
is this correct? if not what should i do? - steveo3002
most aftermarket wheels come with a ring to suit the car maybe worth a call to see if they have them?

or yeah make some up if you have the skills
is this correct? if not what should i do? - jc2
I would never buy wheels that need an adaptor or ring to make them fit;if they are designed for your car,they should not need adaptor/ring.
is this correct? if not what should i do? - Aprilia
Aftermarket wheels are made to fit a variety of makes/models and therefore will more often than not require a 'spigot ring' to fit your specific car.
Normally the wheel supplier should include these with the wheels.

In the case of the FTO the centre bore is 67.1mm (this is common to 5-stud Mitsi, Kia, Hyundai and most Nissan and Mazda). So contact the wheel supplier, tell them the brand of wheel that you have bought and ask for 67.1mm spigot rings. Alternatively a local wheel supplier will have these in stock if you need them urgently.

You should not really drive the car unless the ring is in place.
is this correct? if not what should i do? - storme
as normal Aprilia is a god..........

all i need to do is now measure the wheel bore size and make some...........b4 ppl look on in horror..

they will either be out of 316 stainless?? reaction against the ali maybe???
aircraft grade ali??? not hard enough??

ps i did also email the supplier today,,,,and got a reply ,so hopefully it should resolve itself in a day or two!!

but it is a scary thought thinking about driving around with my wife and daughter in the car....oh well back to the honda for a day or two!
--
is this correct? if not what should i do? - Aprilia
To be honest its hardly worth the bother of making them. Assuming your wheels are a relatively common brand then drop by a local alloy wheel shop tomorrow and they should have them. They are only a couple of quid each. Your local Halfords might even stock them!
another even better idea...will do it 2moro
thx

--
is this correct? if not what should i do? - Peter D
These should have come with contentric ring adaptors that should tap into the allow. Contact the supplier. Regards Peter
i said in the 1st post i wasnt shaming.....

well i have had 3 emails from them today!!! its a sunday

they will post the adaptor rings tomorrow !!

so i think other than a small mistake..they are obviously a very good company!
--