Appealing a parking ticket - Nsar
Got my second parking ticket in about 20 years yesterday. Reading the back of it it's £60 reduced to £30 if I pay within 14 days.

I want to appeal it as the sign saying parking for 1 hr max was totally obscured by a shop shop front next to it and no other signs were visible from where I parked.

The wording on the ticket says I can't appeal until after the 14 day period has elapsed - surely this can't be right?
Appealing a parking ticket - LinuxGeek
I appealed couple of times within 14 days and once when they turned down my appeal they still advised me if I paid until so and so date it'll be considered within 14 days so had to pay the £30 rather than £60. All the best!
Appealing a parking ticket - Vansboy
Might find some help here....

www.nomoreparkingtickets.com/

VB
Appealing a parking ticket - Dwight Van Driver
It goes along these lines:

They issue Penalty Charge Notice and give a discount if paid within 14 days.

You can make a representation to LA within this 14 days and in doing so the discount is put on hold.

LA may cancel PCN if they accept your submission, or.

They may reject the submission and allow further 14 days for payment at discount rate.

If you still think you have grounds for appeal to Parking Adjudicator then don't pay and LA will send a Notice to Owner at which time the discounted rate goes out of the window. You will then send in your grounds for appeal to LA.

LA may accept and NFA, or

Send a Notice of Rejection of your appeal which will advise how to appeal further to Parking Adjudicator (the ultimate authority).

Appeal then to Parking Adjudicator in writing for a written or personal hearing.

Traffic Signs and General Directions 2002 stipulate that a Traffic Regulation Order prohibiting an action has to be clearly signed.

Of note the following case:

In Coombes v DPP [2006] EWHC 3263 (Admin), (2006) The Times, 29 December, a driver's conviction for speeding, contrary to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, s. 89, was quashed by the Divisional Court (following an unsuccessful appeal to the Crown Court) because the road sign imposing the 30-mph limit in question was obscured by overgrown hedgerows, so that it became visible to motorists only at the point where it was passed

dvd
Appealing a parking ticket - Nsar
Thanks, everyone for those informative answers, much appreciated.