The open road beckons - Clanger
The H family will be setting off on holiday tomorrow. We'll be taking our bikes to explore Holme Pierrepont National Watersports centre near West Bridgford and catching some of the Nottingham Riverside Festival. A few days later we'll be off to Chertsey so we can revisit Legoland and take in some London attractions. And we'll be taking up plenty of road space by towing a caravan which, although frowned upon by some, is still legal as far as I know.

Honk if you love caravans!

Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land
The open road beckons - BobbyG
Re your caravan, a few weeks ago my dad was heading off in his the next day so had his van all ready just to hitch up. Unfortunately this meant he had removed the wheel clamp and hitch-lock.

Woke up in the morning and his 'van was gone. Thankfully, it had only went as far as the road at the side of his house. The thieves had managed to hit the kerb whilst pushing it and the jockey wheel buckled and collapsed. Think that was enough to frighten the thieves away!

They had been careful enough to "break into" the front locker box and remove the electricity cable from the mains in the garage to the caravan.

Its actually quite sad, my dad is 75 and this is probably going to be his last "touring" year but he is now so paranoid he parks his car at an angle behind the van to deter thieves and every night and morning he is checking.

Not what caravanning is supposed to be about!
--
2007 Seat Altea XL 2.0 TDI (140) Stylance
2005 Skoda Fabia vrS
The open road beckons - Dwight Van Driver
Stick a 4" red roundel marked 'HJ' in black in the bottom offside corner of van rear window H so that we will know it is you and not take offence about being held up.

Sightings to be reported here by other Backroomers to monitor your progress.

dvd
The open road beckons - mike hannon
The more I think about it, the more I'm amazed that somebody would actually want a caravan enough to STEAL one!
(Actually, that's a tongue-in-cheek response - exactly the same thing happened to friends of mine some years ago, the night before their holiday. They never saw their van again).
Enjoy your break, Hawkeye and family.