Ford Mondeo...flat battery question - steveo3002
I'm asking for a friend here

late 90's Ford Mondeo, they've let the car sit with a dead battery for several weeks, I'm going to charge or replace the battery

what I need to know is will this make any dash warning light come on? if so is it a dealer job to re set
ford mondeo...flat battery question - cheddar
If totally flat charge with the battery disconnected, all you will probably need is code for the radio.
ford mondeo...flat battery question - elekie&a/c doctor
No problems here.The most that will have to be reset is the clock and the radio code.Also drive car to reset engine ecu learn/ adaptions.If charging the battery then make sure it is disconnected.Realistically probably needs a new battery.hth
ford mondeo...flat battery question - stuartl
I got my Mondy with a flat battery (along with a dead engine due to HG failure) but a nice slow trickle charge with the neg lead disconnected and it has started on the turn of the key since. If you need a radio code there is a great website I used that returned mine within ten minutes for a fiver. I know some do it for free but this was ultra quick and well worth the money!

Good Luck!
ford mondeo...flat battery question - DP
Don't whatever you do leave the keys inside the car and the doors closed when you reconnect the battery or connect it to jump leads!!

Fords have a nasty habit of cycling the central locking to "locked" when power is resumed. Keep the keys in your pocket.

Cheers
DP
--
04 Grand Scenic 1.9 dCi Dynamique
00 Mondeo 1.8TD LX
97 Ford Fiesta 1.4 16v Chicane (for sale)
PS - I have the radio code software.
--
00 Mondeo 1.8TD LX
97 Ford Fiesta 1.4 16v Chicane (for sale)
ford mondeo...flat battery question - steveo3002
thanks for the replys

whats involved sorting the code? will i need to pull the radio ? if so how
You need a pair of these:

www.xm-radio-satellite.com/ProductImages/largeimag...g

If not, you can make a set out of a metal coathanger!

Insert the prong end of the tools into the holes on either side of the radio until you feel resistance. Press slightly harder and you should feel them pop in another cm or so and stop. Squeeze both handle ends of the tools outwards (away from each other) and pull gently towards you. The radio should slide out.

You need the model number and serial number from the sticky label on the side of the unit.

Cheers
DP
--
00 Mondeo 1.8TD LX
ford mondeo...flat battery question - GregSwain
whats involved sorting the code?

Usually the code will be written down somewhere - in the service book or handbook?! If not a Ford dealer might be able to trace it using the Reg-number of the vehicle. Not 100% sure about Ford stereos, but in my experience once you find the code you just enter it using the keys on the front of the stereo.