Golf 1.4E develops quirks - P E
Went to fill it up tonight and pressed the button beside the handbrake to open fuel filler cap and nothing happens. I can't get it open! Then driving home at a steady 56 in order to conserve fuel I noticed the gauges dip (rev counter and speedo) momentarily. (I had not changed gear or speed). It's going to get looked at at the garage tomorrow. Anyone else had these things happen?
Re: Golf 1.4E develops quirks - Pete T
Had a few other electrical quirks (still not resolved) with a 1.9 TDi PD Golf, but not these (yet). Please let us know how you fare at the garage. I suspect you are losing electrical power to certain circuits - may be a loose fuse or fuses.
Re: Golf 1.4E develops quirks - update - P E
Went and picked it up tonight. It was fixed free of charge. don't know what the problem was with the filler flap. WRT the other problemo, the computer was reset, whatever that means. I'll keep an eye out for the fault happening again though. It is going in for a coupla other things soon anyway, so i'll ask them to take another look then. Cheers.
Re: Golf 1.4E develops quirks - update - Stevie
PE
Other than a big screwdriver what do you do if the mechanism on the fuel filler flap fails? Or does it 'default' to springing open? I assume you are talking about a Mk4.