Which MPV - Paul Hopkins
I have been looking to get a mini MPV and have been considering the Picasso or the Scenic (both used). Now the "problem". I found that the new Picasso 1.8 16v SX has been reduced to £11495 (£500 pound less than the now reduced 1.6SX), and £1000 cheaper than a used one at Lovekyn at Kingston. Why? and is it staying down?
I have a new addition arriving in 3 months (hence the mini MPV) and have had conflicting reports about both cars. If any one has got an "inside" or professional view on these could you please post them for me. I'm lost with it all!

Thanks, Paul

PS. Do people still not like working on Citroens, mechanics used to hate them, do they still?
Re: Which MPV - Col M Bancroft ( retired )
Good day old Chap !

Is there any reason why you want a vehicle such as this ? there is an alternative in the Form of the Renault Kangoo - or Citroen Berlingo, which offers similar space for a smaller financial outlay.

I personally have a Peugeot 406 Estate HDI which is quite splendid I Understand that Citroen fits this engine to the Picasso.

On the subject of Citroens, the picasso models are not akin to the older aircooled models which used to be very popular nor the Fluid Sprung variants such as the BX, CX and XM / Xantia, The picasso is actually based on the Peugeot 306, which is entirely conventional, therefore any competent mechanic ought to be able to work on it without difficulty.

The fact that Picasso is availible at such a discount suggests to me that they can't get rid of them, which measns you will lose a lot of money in depreciation. Why not have a look at the Nissan Almera Tino ? this vehicle was designed specifically to be " Child Friendly " Built in Britain too !

Good luck !
Re: Which MPV - Paul Hopkins
Thanks Colonel,
I saw the Berlingo on Driven on C4 and they pretty much slated it!
The Picasso is selling like hot cakes apparently, and for the price (£11250 I've got down to) will take some beating I think.

On another matter my Neon's radiator has just sprung a massive leak!!
Got to move now I think.

Thanks for replying all,
Paul
Re: Which MPV - phil garner
I reckon a Fiat Multipla. They are by far the coolest mpv.

Another, more serious bit of advice. If you intend to drive the car regularly/for any distance, get one of the modern diesels like the Colnel suggested. They command higher prices but there is a reason for this. They are in demand because they are better to drive and use about 5/8ths as much fuel as a petrol one.

Larger engined ones will be less popular becuase these cars are bought by budget concious private individuals who don't want the extra costs of the 1.8. Hence less valuable used.

Residuals will be much better for an oil burner too.

Citroen have been selling loads of these Picassos because they are cheap and good value. Hunt around for a nearly new HDi engined one and take it for a good test drive (try car supermarkets). Scenics now long in the tooth and their image is not what it was thanks to the new breed of mini MPVs.

Hope you find what you are looking for. Any more questions just ask :)
Re: Which MPV - Robin Tucker
I like my Zafira.
7 seats too - I thought that's what defined an MPV!

What about Fiat Multipla??