Kia Sportage 2.0 - any good? - DP
Anyone had any experience of these?

Dad's after a cheap 4x4 (couple of k to spend) and these seem quite plentiful on W/X/Y/01 plates for this kind of money with sensible miles on them.

I'm really not a fan of these kind of cars personally, but it does seem like a lot of reasonably modern looking 4x4 for the money. The 2.0 engine is I believe from the Mazda 626, but what are they like in terms of overall reliability / parts availability etc? Any views or any other suggestions welcome.

I've talked him out of an early petrol Freelander (I hope)! :-)

Cheers
DP
--
04 Grand Scenic 1.9 dCi Dynamique
00 Mondeo 1.8TD LX
97 Ford Fiesta 1.4 16v Chicane (for sale)
Kia Sportage 2.0 - any good? - Altea Ego
The 2003 on is a very good wagon, had a drive in one of these and was impressed.

The pre 2003 ones, (which your 2k will get) according to HJ CBCB, appears to belong in a kennel with other dogs.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Kia Sportage 2.0 - any good? - jase1
Bear in mind that this is a 1994 Kia design, from when Kia were making versions of old 80s Mazdas like the Pride and Mentor. They were worthy enough in terms of mechanical reliability, but were very old fashioned and the build quality could be lousy at times. I'd imagine parts would be a problem.

The newer one is similar to the Hyundai Tucson and has Mitsubishi-derived bits. It's a much better car in most respects.
Kia Sportage 2.0 - any good? - overend
Bought an 02 reg last year for less than £4000, had a service history and 38,000 miles. Kept it for 4 months. It overheated on a regular basis and did around 18 to the gallon, any journeys longer than 50 miles used to make me cry!
Kia Sportage 2.0 - any good? - bell boy
er
they are crap
dont do it dp
neighbour had one it rusted to bits
his wife left him
he got burgled
he moved
he got burgled again
he sold the car
he lives happily now