Toyota estima import - Stew
I have a problem that the local garage cannot fix. Sometime on first starting up there is a grumbling noise which sounds like the starter motor but is not ,when it finally starts I end up with a trail of whitish smoke which finally burns off (Fuel??)
The car runs great ,does not use oil and once started no problems.
When putting the foot down or the need for more power is required then the "engine"warning light comes on but goes off after a while.Any help would be appreciated.
Stew
Toyota estima import - stuartl
'Whitish Smoke' could be steam and therefore HG failure. Have you checked the oil for water contamination and vice-versa? The garage should be able to check for combustion gases in the header tank although sometimes just a keen pair of nostrils can detect fuel/oil vapour in there.

My Mondeo had HG failure and belched out white 'smoke' that James Bond would have been proud of and the cooling system was about 80% water, 20% fuel!!!!!!

But dont get me started on grey imports.............!!!!!

Toyota Estima Estima - bell boy
its been moved to technical and you had a good reply by someone and i will give you my answer before its moved over {attached to original question asked - DD}

are you sat down?

you have a small crack in the head that is allowing water into the combustion chamber when vehicle parked up
you should notice a water loss of your system only small to begin with
the water is being pushed out on first cranking and this is the noise you hear as water is being crushed till it gets out
its a common problem on this vehicle i believe (i wonder if its to do with poor fuel and too much heat as a result)
its a nightmare to do the head i believe as you have to do everything from underneath9ie remove gearbox then engine)

only my thoughts mind but a sniff test should tell you something as said,if it is this then im sorry to say that
it will get worse
it wont be cheap at all

sorry

i hope im wrong
Toyota Estima Estima - Collos25
I had colleague with the exact same problem on the same vehicle and the was exactly as bell boy describes it,he blocked it lost a lot of money and had to put it down to experience.
Toyota Estima Estima - scotmech
Stew ...

Join this forum and you will get all the help and information you require from the friendliest Estima forum going ...

www.friendlyestimaclub.co.uk/