Charge certificate after appeal - Jessica
Hi all,

I recieved a PCN in april with a fine of £80 because I had failed to pay a PCN charge. I had not, however, seen a ticket on my car. I made representations to Lambeth Council, and recieved a letter from them to say they were very busy and would get back to me in due course. Yesterday I recieved a charge certificate that said that if I had made an appeal, this had failed and a higher price of £120 was now due.

On the PCN it said something to the effect of- if you do not either pay or make representations we will raise the amount to £120. it did NOT say 'if your appeal fails we will raise it to £120.'

do I really owe them £120 just for making an appeal? this is SOOOOO unfair.

I phoned lambeth up last night and was told to write to them telling them I had recieved a charge cert and that i was awaiting the result of my appeal. but I dont want to do that if it means that in 14 days I will get a court summons for not paying.

please can someone advise, thanks.
Charge certificate after appeal - Jessica
please... anyone?
Charge certificate after appeal - mark
Hi Jessica

You might want to head over to Pepipoo.com and ask your this question in the parking ticket forum.

There are some very clever types over there who know the process inside out.

heres a link

tinyurl.com/2nhg88

As always

Mark
Charge certificate after appeal - Dwight Van Driver
So J they send you a PCN, you contact them to say you reject, they then send you a rejection back. The next step is to appeal to the Adjudicator to get his decision which is final. If it goes against you then you pay the PCN fee within 28 days or face an increase which is what Lamnbeth have put on but shouldn't have until the full process has been through.

This will see you through the process:

tinyurl.com/2ulgv6

dvd

Charge certificate after appeal - mark
Hi Jessica

It would appear that Lambeth PCNs are non compliant and are therefore a nullity, looks like some cases are going to the adjudicator.

see here

tinyurl.com/39aqce

As always

Mark