Yellow Oil light came on yesterday - sony
Topped it up today. I had checked it last week and was just above min mark so was going to up this week. Sadly the light beat me to it. Is is bad that this came up or was it ok if i topped it shortly after?
Yellow Oil light came on yesterday - Bromptonaut
Model of car and function of yellow oil light are keys to answer!!!

If it's just the caution mode for an electronic dipstick you're probably OK - if its main oil pressure ....... who knows
Yellow Oil light came on yesterday - mss1tw
Sounds like a VAG car, the yellow light is just for level.
Yellow Oil light came on yesterday - pendulum
Yellow = usually an oil level warning light, doesn't really matter if it comes on
Red = usually oil pressure warning light, usually does matter if it comes on

Check handbook to confirm meaning of the light.
Yellow Oil light came on yesterday - BazzaBear {P}
I love the fact that the oil pressure warning light generally means 'too late, it's already knackered'.
Whose idea was that?
Yellow Oil light came on yesterday - Simon
>>I love the fact that the oil pressure warning light generally means 'too late, it's already
>>knackered'.
>>Whose idea was that?

Not necessarily, but in fairness the light/sensor can only warn you of low oil pressure when the oil pressure is low. So it is kind of a no win situation, but it may save you from doing serious damage to the engine if it is only idling when the light illuminates.
Whose idea was that?

Got to be the Marketing department!
Yellow Oil light came on yesterday - Manatee
Accountants - it's cheaper than the oil pressure gauge that used to be fitted.
Yellow Oil light came on yesterday - sony
Audi A3 2006 model. Did check the manual and it said top up which I did. It's just that reading a post on here somewhere, seem to think it's too late. Was definitely yellow not red, and I had checked the dipistick only days before and was above min! It is a bit daft if the oil red warning light comes on. Manual says stop immediately, but how immediately is the car knackered? 5 seconds? 1 min? up to 5 minutes?
Anyhow many thanks people!
It'll be fine