Any country pay more for petrol than UK? - Enoughalready
I was looking at this:

tinyurl.com/3yjk7x

...and wondered if any other country pays more than the UK for petrol. Given that even this example is actually wrong as a poster points out - we even pay more than is shown.
Surely Iceland or somewhere must be paying more than our $7+ USD per gallon?

However, taxing us so heavily does indeed work to reduce our emissions...can you imagine what vehicles we would be driving if we only paid $0.17 USD per gallon?

Any country pay more for petrol than UK? - Brian Tryzers
Don't ignore the effect of exchange rates. Anything will look expensive at the moment if you convert it into USD first.
Any country pay more for petrol than UK? - OldHand
Netherlands and Germany both currently around £1.07 a gallon for super unleaded and £1.01 for 95 ron.

Diesel in France and Netherlands is about 70p/ltr though.
Any country pay more for petrol than UK? - Pugugly {P}
£1.07 a gallon ????

I'm off there now.

--
PU without his Mod Hard Hat on !
Any country pay more for petrol than UK? - movilogo
Don't just compare absolute price. In many developing countries, people pay much more than us when you consider purchasing power parity!
lol showing my age!!! I meant per litre.
Any country pay more for petrol than UK? - Altea Ego
Zimbabwe pays much more

Its currently Z$350000000 a litre.

No wait thats now Z$40000000.

Hold on

Now Z$450000000
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Any country pay more for petrol than UK? - johncyprus
The Turks pay a lot more than us. Have just returned from Turgetreis near Bodrum and both petrol and diesel were about 3 Lira, at £1 = 2.6 Lira a liter is about £1.16.
Any country pay more for petrol than UK? - local yokel
Diesel in France and Netherlands is ?1.06-?1.15, which at ?1.43:£1 is 77p/litre if it's ?1.10/l. Still 20p/l cheaper than UK.
You can buy diesel at ?1/ltr in Netherland and at ?1.43 to the pound you're either getting ripped off, not changing enough money or buying at the wrong time!
Any country pay more for petrol than UK? - PhilW
A couple of useful links for petrol prices
www.aaroadwatch.ie/eupetrolprices/

And if you are going to France - the price at every petrol station
www.zagaz.com/index.php
--
Phil
Any country pay more for petrol than UK? - Old Navy
I was in recently in Australia during a considerable fuel price hike. The locals were severely unimpressed (they hate their polititons with a passion). Truck and taxi drivers were threatening strikes and there was much grumbling about knock on effects. When I explained that they were only paying about half the UK price even after their price hike the response was, "You are paying for free medical care, a welfare state and Blair's wars every time you fill up your car! Diesel is 20p a litre in Egypt, pretty low grade judging by the smoke.
Any country pay more for petrol than UK? - Sprice
Remember watching one of Clarkson's round the world car programmes a few years back and one week he was in Iceland where he mentioned that petrol was £5 a gallon (it was on in the mid-late 90s).