'98 Honda Civic 1.4 Clutch Squeak - Nick Field
My 1998 1.4 has developed a squeak as the clutch pedal is depressed, not related to the engine running. It feels fine and is not slipping when driven. Its only really noticeable when stopped. Should I just ignore it?

Slight change to subject line to help a potential helper - PU
Sorry, should have explained more...... the squeak definitely comes from within the bell housing, I have greased the end of the clutch slave cylinder operating arm, so its not that.
'98 Honda Civic 1.4 Clutch Squeak - Lud
Sure it isn't the pedal spindle? They can squeak.
'98 Honda Civic 1.4 Clutch Squeak - bell boy
Are you sure there isnt a mouse stuck in the bellhousing and eating your clutch plate as we speak?
I had the same problem on a fiesta last week, the one with no rods showing,this one was so bad i took the car for a test drive and the pedal stayed stuck down,how did i cure it without dismantling the box?
sat in the car and pushed the pedal up and down 25/30 times,this cleared the squeal and the sticking (i did oil the clutch pedal; as well mind)

job done
'98 Honda Civic 1.4 Clutch Squeak - grease monkey
its a common problem on civics nick,dead easy to fix though,the clutch fork that sits in the gearbox bell housing rests on a pivot ball ,the grease on the pivot dries out over time and causes a squeak every time you depress the clutch pedal, pull back the rubber boot covering the clutchfork on the outside of the gearbox,and with some wd40 or similar spray a small amount on to the back side of the clutch fork whilst an assistant pumps the clutch pedal a few times to work it in until the squeaking stops
--
if it aint broke don`t fix it
Cheers, grease monkey, job done with a small mirror on a stick, small maglite torch and a can of m'cycle chain lube with a long bendy tube to avoid lubricating the entire clutch!