Mondeo TDCi EGR valve - espzetec
Been reading a few topics about the power loss issue my car seems to have. it could be the PFPB sensor thing or the EGR valve.

Where exactly is the EGR valve on this engine? I pulled a vacuum hose of the little round thing which is bolted above the turbo and plugged the hose before driving off to test it. Basically there was no turbo after that. reconnected and it ran ok.
There is also a similar thing that could be the EGR valve to the front left of the engine as you look at the car from the front. This also has a vacuum hose which connects to it and the valve seems to connect to the hose from the intercooler. Which one is which?

Also how do I establish if it is a sticky EGR valve or the controller (PFPB)???
Mondeo TDCi EGR valve - Quinny100
EGR valve is on the front left hand side of the engine (as you look at it). Has a small vacuum hose on the top, a metal tube about an inch wide coming in from the right (this is the exhaust gas feed) and a rubber hose from the intercooler coming in at the bottom.

Its fairly easy to remove so its probably worth taking it off and giving it a clean - I dd mine last weekend and there was a fair bit of gunk in there after 33k.
is this likely to be the cause of power loss at about 2800 - 3200 RPM and poor pulling uphills at such speeds? It was terrible yesterday, in fact it started to slow down a little up hill in top gear.

Roughly how much are they to replace?
Also, from further reading, the brass looking round object ontop of the turbo appears to be a turbo actuator. is this correct? could it be this that is faulty as the car felt dreadful when i disconnected the vacuum hose - not disimilar to how it was at 3000 RPM. just no turbo what so ever.
Mondeo TDCi EGR valve - Quinny100
The pipe in question controls the vanes on the turbocharger, and without it it wont boost.

As I replied in your other thread, I think your problem is a boost leak from somewhere.
Mondeo TDCi EGR valve - kithmo
Check the large pipe coming from the intercooler to the bottom of the EGR Vale, it's not uncommon for this one to split.
Mondeo TDCi EGR valve - rtj70
When the EGR went on mine the first time it had poor acceleration upto around 1800rpm - you could put your foot flat on the floor and hardly any acceleration. And then after about 1800rpm it started accelerating fairly normally.

The next time the second EGR failed the car started reving strangely and then it just died and would not restart at all.

So from my experience of EGR failure (one stuck open and the other closed?) I do not think it's your EGR. But as others say it is apparently easy to remove and clean out.