Citroen Xantia SX TD clutch problem - ian.davis
I have the above car and have a problem with the clutch. The pedal went to the floor clutch cable and stayed there, and cant drive it as I can't put it in gear, if it was a Ford it would be the clutch cable but a Citroen! Who knows?

Citroen Xantia SX TD clutch problem - XantKing
Might well be just the clutch cable, but there's an infamous plastic clip that connects the cable to the pedal which can snap - the part itself costs pennies, but replacing it is an awkward (i.e. expensive!) job on right hand drive models, much labour involved due to dashboard removal!
Citroen Xantia SX TD clutch problem - Bromptonaut
Assuming TD implies a 1905cc XUD turbo version the clutch is, according to my Haynes manual, cable operated.

Same in the HDi 90. 2.1 and HDi 110 versions have a hydraulic clutch.

AS XK says the cable is a weak spot on the Xant (and most other PSA XUD applications!!)
Citroen Xantia SX TD clutch problem - CricketyJimin
Most likely to be the clip on the pedal end if it's an XUD - there will be bits in the footwell if this is the case. It is easily possible to replace without dash removal with judicious use of a hacksaw to cut out the retaining bolt on the pedal, dextrous fingers and a generous amount of patience.

My now deceased Xantia broke the clip twice before I replaced the plastic OE clip with a metal version. Then it just broke the cable though...

If the clutch is heavy, it may benefit from a new cable or even a new clutch to stop it from breaking the clip again.
Citroen Xantia SX TD clutch problem - PhilW
CJ is probably spot on, but for additional info do a search on here for clutch cable clip - lots of posts!
www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=3&s...2

eg
www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=213...p

--
Phil
Citroen Xantia SX TD clutch problem - RichardW
Odds on it's the clip. Cue 3 hours of back breaking labour to fix it (unless someone has been there before, and already sawn the bolt off!). Start saving the pennies for a new clutch, as the clip is the first sign the clutch needs doing.

Some people have reported being able to get the bolt out by either lifting the brake pedal, or gently twisting the clutch pedal, thus allowing the chamfered end of the bolt to slide against the mount, making enough room to get it out. Bolt and clip about £6 from dealer. Labour to fit? £120 or so......
--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
Description of how to do it here (by me!)....

www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=212...1

--
RichardW

Thanks for all your help guys, really nice of you to take the time to answer, unfortunately I can't be pink fluffy dice to reply to you. By the way Richard, your post was especially helpful and enabled me to find out exactly what to do and saved me a fortune. Despite that I still can't be pink fluffy dice to says thanks.
--
Phil

Nice sentiment Phil - I know where you're coming from but the naughty words slipped past the swear filter ! - PU
Last post signed on behalf of ian by
--
Phil
:-))
--
RichardW