2001 Astravan 1.7TDi Reversing Lights - Mylor
My reverse lights have stopped working, bulbs appear OK, I suspect the switch, can anyone tell me where it is located, and is replacing it an easy job, for an average D-I-Yer. Thanks ( P.S. I have disregarded the possibility of a fuse problem as in the handbook diagram for the fuse box it does not list a fuse covering these lights, if you know differently please tell. )
2001 Astravan 1.7TDi Reversing Lights - topbloke
this is a common problem the switch is on the front of the box (ie between rad and the box) two wire connector half way up the box 19mm spanner size you can disconnect and bridge the terminals turn ing on and see the light, there will be a fuse but cant remember of the top of me head i think that it may be with the cigar lighter circuit
2001 Astravan 1.7TDi Reversing Lights - Dynamic Dave
there will be a fuse

No mention of it in my Dad's Astra handbook, but I agree, there should be a fuse.
Cigarette lighter fuse is No36 (15amp)
Can't see the Astravan fusebox being different to that of an Astra of the same year, but you never know!

2001 Astravan 1.7TDi Reversing Lights - Mylor
Thanks both for your input.
Cigar lighter works so fuse must be OK, I'll get a new switch and try that.
many thanks.
2001 Astravan 1.7TDi Reversing Lights - topbloke
just keep an eye out for the washer, make sure that it comes of with the old switch
2001 Astravan 1.7DTi electrics - Mylor
Hi,

Can anyone help with the following please.

My reverse lights do not work, both bulbs good, also the cigarette lighter has also stopped working at the same time, can't be coincidence, I believe that both are covered by the same fuse, number 36, although the handbook only mentions the lighter, the fuse is good and a tester showed power at the fuse socket, but no power at the lighter socket.

Are these two connected and if so any ideas where the problem might be, with regard the reverse lights I thought it must be the switch, but surely this wouldn't stop the lighter working would it?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

{Moves to previous question as related - DD}
2001 Astravan 1.7DTi electrics - MerlinTec
Do you have power at the switch? (2 pin plug by the clutch fork) the switch is a very common fault. If you have bridge it with a split pin if the reverse lights come on the switch is your fault and you have 2 faults.
Regards,
Merlin