Any Backroom experiences ? - David W
My contact has decided to look at slightly older Preludes than the latest model I enquired about a few days ago. He just likes the detail of the older shape better.

Any stories about the models around 1995?

Even better seen any mint examples near Peterborough? There don't seem to be many locally.

David

Edited by Pugugly on 28/02/2008 at 19:44

Re: Honda Prelude 1995 - T.Lucas
Buy the best Japanese spec 2.2 Vtec you can find,auto or manual,they really are a great car.Really only a 2 seater and a little difficult to get in and out of espeacially in supermarket car parks.Honda engineering=total reliability.
Re: Honda Prelude 1995 - Geordie Chris's cat
Why Jap spec, T ? Does that mean you would favour an import over a UK first reg car?
[please don't mind my username]
Re: Honda Prelude 1995 - David W
Somewhat unexpectedly the deed has been done, the buyer had "secretly" nipped out and bought one while I made the enquiries.

I am terrified it will be a dog because the ad reads bit like a trader, the vehicle seemed too cheap at virtually auction price yet the mileage only averages a suspicious 5,000/yr.

Add to that the seller managed to scam my customer into agreeing to buy at a certain price over the phone or he wouldn't "save it" for him, apparently it had to be saved because there were so many people who wanted to buy it. Right so many people who wanted it that it was still available on Tuesday despite the ad appearing the previous Thursday!

Oh dear, fingers crossed it's OK.

David
Re: Honda Prelude 1995 - Brill
Oh well, may keep you busy then DW.

Stu.
Re: Honda Prelude 1995 - Sorrera
Great cars, performance reliability, looks. The swoopy prelude is far superior in my opinion to the current model.
There were many more variations of Jap preludes. e.g. some had 4ws some didn't. JAPS were offered the 2.2 auto, UK only had 2.3 auto IIRC. Having said that I read a review in Revs or similar whihc said the 2.2 coupled with the auto bax was the best prelude.
Hopefully your mate got a UK car or a Jap car that only has the "toys" that dealers over here know about.

Prices for these cars are dirt cheap, must be one of the great performace bargains given the cast iron reliability (Mazda MX3 V6 being another). Low price is due to reasonably high insurance and image of it being an old mans car.