Nissan QX - John

I am loking for a three year old Nissan QX 2.0 V6 automatic. Unfortunately they almost all have high mileages. Is it realistic to expect a car of this sort that already has 90,000 miles on the clock to cover a further 120,000 over the next eight years without major mechanical problems?

John
Re: Nissan QX - Andy Bairsto
In last weeks Auto Bild the QX came third in a test involving the new C class and the Kia Magentis .The Kia was first and the Nissan third only because of its old soon to be updated engine.They have a live that will normally far exceed anything Mercedes can produce and are extremely good value.100000km is not unusual.
Re: Nissan QX - Trevor Potter
Er, the one John mentioned has done more than that already.
(100k km = c. 62.5k miles)
Re: Nissan QX - John

On reflection, the general point is 'Is it worth buying a big car with 100000 miles on the clock'? There is certainly plenty of them about
Re: Nissan QX - Andy Bairsto
I meant I million km ,thats what they do as Taxis in Germany before they are retired,Diesels that is.My neighbor has a V6 with 650,000km and its really OK.
Re: Nissan QX - Pat
Don't be put off by high mileage. A quality car that has a proper service history should achieve 200k or more. Get the car at the right price and you're laughing!

HJ himself advises this, and I took his advice a few years ago and bought a Merc 190 with 116,000 miles on the clock (ex lease car with fully documented service history). It's now done 201,000 miles and I've done nothing but service it regularly, tyres, back box of exhaust. Only failure was the alternator last year, but had it reconditioned for about £100. Even the clutch is original.

If you want a car of this sort, go for it. Change the oil every 6000 miles and it'll keep going for ages.

Regards

Pat
Re: Nissan QX - Rob F
Cold starts and unsympathetic ownership wear cars out, not miles.
Re: Nissan QX - Red
Sorry John,

I've got a 1998 QX 2.0 SE Auto with just 21,000 on the clock but it ain't for sale, even though an annoying dash rattle took ages to cure with 6 visits to the dealer and the ride isn't the best in it's class. But it's reliable, does what we need for 3 children 2 adults and every latest revue I read seems to suggest that for once, after years of owning cars I made the RIGHT decision.

I got mine from a main dealer when it was 18 months old with 9,700 on the clock. Yes I paid for it so to speak but no regrets.

Good luck!

Red
Re: Nissan QX - Dog Breath
Red

What is it like to drive? What is it like on the m'way and what consumption do you get?
Re: Nissan QX - vansboy
If you can find a bit more £££ British Car Auctions Measham have a 51 reg in Caymen blue, manual, JUST 26 miles, not a mistake, 26miles.
It's for sale tuesday!! How do you value that?
Mark
Re: Nissan QX - John

Way out of my bracket. Given the tone of this thread, it looks as if I will have to take a chance.
Re: Nissan QX - Tony Campbell
My local Nissan Dealer has a Y reg QX approx £ 15K, email me if you want any more details