Audi A4 service indicator wont reset - bbroomlea{P}
I dont know if anyone can shed any light but picked my A4 up from its service yesterday and this morning when I went out I noticed the distance and days to next service were ----- . Normally this would show the distance etc as its on longlife and therefore not set intervals. I took it back to the garage (local independant with good rep) and I watched as he plugged vagcom in and reset again on longlife for the correct engine etc.

The same thing is happening and it wont go back to the 20000 miles and 700 odd days that it should. It appears that they reset it yesterday as there were over 400 days and 200 miles remaining before i took it in.

Anyone have any suggestions as the mechanic said to take it back next week if its still the same (I cant see why it will just fix itself!) Pressing the spanner on the dash displays the same results as on start up.

Audi A4 service indicator wont reset - elekie&a/c doctor
I think the car has to cover at least 100 miles +for the service interval counter to re-calculate. May be an idea to run it for a little longer and see what happens.
Audi A4 service indicator wont reset - Aretas
It needs several hundred miles. Handbook says 500km (about 300 miles)
Audi A4 service indicator wont reset - bbroomlea{P}
thanks for your quick replys. Has prompted me to check my handbook and indeed it needs 500km before it will start to count down.. Should have checked there first!