Which ford focus to buy? - sarahmoo
Looking to buy a Focus. ..

What is the difference between LX Ghia and Sport Models? What else should I know? Is a climate pack worth having? Where to buy one in NW?

Thanks v. much everyone !!
is this deal any good?

www.nationwide-cars.co.uk/new_car_details.php?var=...8

Thanks!
Which ford focus to buy? - L'escargot
Looking to buy a Focus. ..
What is the difference between LX Ghia and Sport Models?

If it's the latest version you want, look here for the differences tinyurl.com/ys6l4g
--
L\'escargot.
Which ford focus to buy? - Round The Bend
Can't comment on the Nationwide deal but if you're looking at the finance - it seems to be based upon 5000 miles only.

Would suggest that you look at the "weeks best deals" in the News section to the right of this page. This will give you a feel for the right price.
Which ford focus to buy? - MikeTorque
The chassis's are the same for all the models you mentioned. LX is cheapest and good value, Sport is an LX with alloys, fog lamps and 3 spoke steering wheel. Ghia even more features. It's worth either picking up a brochure from a Ford dealer or looking at the Ford web site for spec details.

Much depends on your budget and whether you want petrol or diesel engine. All engines are refined and reliability is good, 1.6 TDCi is excellent for torque, power and economy and low running costs, take your pick of the petrol engines.

Is the climate pack worth having, I find the heated wing mirrors are more useful than the quick clear windscreen which can amplify headlight glare for some people, the heater blower clears the windscreen just fine, it just take a bit longer first thing in the morning whereas the electric windscreen does it in about 1 min if there is frost about although you'll still have to either manually clear the side windows or wait for the blower to clear them before you drive off. Air Con. is standard apart from Studio model. It's worth test driving any of the models you mention as well as a Zetec to see how you feel about the slight difference in chassis setup, comfort and handling etc.

What else ? Choose a decent colour, some metalics are a waste of cash, choose the colour you like but bare in mind in winter conditions silver or dark type colours make your car almost invisible to others, for example in fog.

Check out www.drivethedeal.co.uk for typical quotes on all models. If you have a part exchange make sure you know roughly what it's worth if you plan to trade it in. It's worth considering a used Focus, there are plenty around and you could go for a higher spec car with low mileage and save a few thousand in the process.

Negotiate the deal and be prepared to walk away if the numbers don't add up for you. Plenty of discounts around for new cars, don't pay anywhere close to the MRP, shop around. There is always a margin on the windscreen price of a used car, you'll be supprised how much a dealer will knock down if they need to sell to meet sales targets etc. Take into account items such as vehicle license trade offs, a deal works both ways, do your homework on how to negotiate and buying a car. If when visiting a delear take someone along with you who knows something about cars and consider and discuss all issues fully. Don't buy until you are ready to buy.

Finally, enjoy the experience and have fun.
Paid £300 deposit on a cool dark grey ford focus lX 1.8 cdi 06 plate today. from motorpoint as I am desperate for a car!

£9200 £2000 deposit and £7000 on finance-7.9% over 2 years seems ok! They dont accept credit cards etc. Very happy apart from a sneaky 1 year europa (?) assistance at £89 which I didnt agree to. Just noticed it on invoice which I wasn't shown... Anyone know about this and whether I can cancel it when I finalise the deal on thurs.
Which ford focus to buy? - y2k+4
I bought a jeans 1.6 TDCi LX 110 on the same plate from motorpoint about 3 weeks ago - they had those 1.8's then, but it's a rougher engine in my opinion (though still a lot smoother than VAG units). They'll push for a lot of insurances at collection point, though I didn't have mine on finance, so that was one less for me! Mine's been a fine car if a bit dull, but they've been sellingthem with higher mileages than service intervals (interval at 12.5, selling at 15.5 with service overdue). When asked they couldn't tell me whether it would affect warranty, but they do service them for £149, which if your dealer charges the same as mine for the first service on these cars it's £50 cheaper, and worth it.

Check paperwork carefully too, as I had some trouble over what the invoice said (number wrong on reg area) and which car I'd actually bought, which I wanted cleared up.
Which ford focus to buy? - Avant
"Very happy apart from a sneaky 1 year europa (?) assistance at £89 which I didnt agree to. Just noticed it on invoice which I wasn't shown... Anyone know about this and whether I can cancel it when I finalise the deal on thurs."

Sarah - if you didn't agree to it you aren't bound by it. To make it valid they would have had to bring it to your attention unless you had dealt with them on similar terms often in the past - which you imply isn't the case.

They're just trying to 'up-sell' - ring them up and make sure they are supplying only what you actually want.