51' 1.8 Mondeo MK 3 - Carrow
Our Mondeo is booked in for a clutch change on Friday. Does anyone know
if this model is fitted with a dual mass flywheel?
51' 1.8 Mondeo MK 3 - Micky
My understanding is that the earlier four cylinder petrol Duratecs are free from the pestilence that is the dual mass flywheel. However, the later petrol Duratecs are afflicted. Well documented point of failure for TDCis ....... cue Chedbaby ;- )

Consult Haynes.

I've never understood the value of DMF, someone did explain it to me once and it made sense for 2 minutes 35 seconds. And then it seemed pointless again.
51' 1.8 Mondeo MK 3 - bell boy
its a cash extraction tool Micky
its a cash extraction tool Micky

What? Chedbaby is a cash extraction tool?

>wanders off to consider the concept with the aid of an invigorating G&T<

... and welcome back oldman. Were you banned in your previous identity?
51' 1.8 Mondeo MK 3 - bell boy
a cash extraction tool is a device to make something better in sales speak but is actually worse in practise
think of new improved washing powders with a higher price, yet last month the same old product was the best available
see...........clear as mud
oh and thanks
"> a cash extraction tool is a device to make something better in sales speak but is actually worse in practise<"

What an awful thing to say about Cheddy. On the other hand ...
51' 1.8 Mondeo MK 3 - Dynamic Dave
welcome back oldman. Were you banned in your previous identity?

Just to clarify things. oldman changed his username of his own freewill.

DD.
51' 1.8 Mondeo MK 3 - Carrow
It was fitted with the DMF, and yes, it was totally shot. So £211+vat, plus new clutch & hydraulic slave cylinder later, our 135,000 mile Mondeo is now driving
along nicely. The car (estate) model has been used as a towcar and parts delivery van for the last 3 1/2 years and has been completely fault free (apart
from a new fanbelt tensioner & idler), I would recommend one to anyone.