Scuuffs Chain in Receivership - Godfrey H
After suffering damage to the rear bumper on my car by some kind person parking by touch, and, ahem, some self inflicted scratches on the wing (honest gov the side of the garage backed in to me) I went search of estimates. The plan was to go to some conventional body shops and the only 'smart' repairer in my area Scuffs. Only to find Scuffs has gone bust. I'm just curious do any of the backroomers know any details behind the receivership? Judging by the increase in minor damage caused in public car parks I would have thought they were on a winner. I am very surprised they went bust. Car now in conventional bodyshop as I write.
Re: Scuuffs Chain in Receivership - Martin Hayman
I'm also puzzled by how hard it was to find a ding repairer in the London region. Only Dentmaster, and they call for a once-weekly 'clinic' in Shepherd's Bush rather than do onsite visits.

Perhaps people just can't be bothered with dings and scuffs, reckoning on getting a new car when three years is up?
Re: Scuuffs Chain in Receivership - Godfrey H
I thought that setting up as a smart minor ding repairer would make sense. I called into my local branch of Scuffs before they went bust and overhearing what was going on they were doing a lot of buisiness repairing minor dings for large car rental companies. I was hoping one of the backroomers in the trade could enlighten me.
Re: Scuuffs Chain in Receivership - richard price
i had some work done in the exeter branch last year, they were very busy the workshop had many dealer high value cars. for me they did an excellent job on cracked rear bumper plus wheel refurbishment cost was very reasonable, pehaps that is why.
Re: Scuuffs Chain in Receivership - Ian L

I thought I had seen something about this in the bristol evening post:

Scuffs Cosmetic Repairs is to shed 30 jobs in Bristol and close four of its eight car repair sites across the country, having been placed into receivership. 06-Dec-01

regards

Ian