Reputable leasing companies? - strange but true
Apologies if this is the wrong board.Could anyone recommend a reputable company to lease a car for personal use for 12months to 2 years,or any comparison sites.To be used for business and pleasure?
Reputable leasing companies? - beecee

I'm also looking for a leasing company. I'll post if I find one, you do the same. BC

Reputable leasing companies? - Collos25

Lex leasing owned buy one of the largest UK banks,if you google car leasing there are thousands to choose from.

Reputable leasing companies? - zango

There are a lot of internet brokers. They source cars from the big lease companies as well as directly.

Be warned though, if you don't take the lease out with the "maintenance option" (extra cost per month) the lease company will not take any responsibility for the car whatsoever. This is a practice established by custom rather than law. If you want to challenge this it can be very time consuming.

So worst case you could end up with a car that does not work and you have to sort out the repair under the manufacturer's warranty.

Also don't forget to buy gap insurance in case the car is written off during the lease period.

This is not to be negative about lease cars, or the leasing industry but just to make you aware of the pitfalls.

Good luck

Reputable leasing companies? - Man without a plan

Be warned though, if you don't take the lease out with the "maintenance option" (extra cost per month) the lease company will not take any responsibility for the car whatsoever. This is a practice established by custom rather than law. If you want to challenge this it can be very time consuming.

So worst case you could end up with a car that does not work and you have to sort out the repair under the manufacturer's warranty.

Lings Cars is supposed to be pretty good so I have heard (on here I think).... website is a mess but pricess are pretty hard to beat.

@zango - why would it be a problem to get a problem with a car fixed under warranty... not sure I understand what you mean.

I agree with the GAP insurance though.

Because you could be without a car for weeks on end and still have to pay for it not what you want when your business relies on the car.

Reputable leasing companies? - Man without a plan

Maybe i've been lucky but my new cars have never had anything go wrong with them that couldn't be fixed in a day or at worst two days... and I always get a courtesy car or collect and return when that happens.

Reputable leasing companies? - Ben 10

I've looked at Lings as well but she recommends her leases without maintainence option. Good or bad advice?

You have to do the maths you are probably better getting your own maintainence option but do not forget no matter what happens you have to make the monthly payments till the contract ends and return the vehicle in near perfect condition.

Reputable leasing companies? - SusanFCD

I had a terrible experience with yes-lease - please be aware, very unreliable - would never use them again