VW Golf windows misting up - brillo
Can anyone please tell me what could be the possibly causes of the windows heavily steaming up all the time in my friend's car. I think it is either a VW Golf 5-door diesel 1.9 SE TDI or 1.9 GT TDI, round about 2001-2003 reg.

If it is likely to be a fault in the air conditioning, would it be advisable to replace any electrical components before getting the dealer to look at it?
Could it possibly be the heater matrix?

Thanks

Steve
windows misting up - AlastairW
First thing to try is changing the pollen filter. Can make a surprising difference.
windows misting up - mss1tw
Bet the carpets are soaking.
windows misting up - Stuartli
Try running the A/C on maximum cold for about 10 minutes on a run and then switch to full heat for at least as long.

Also ensure that the inside windows and windscreen are as clean as possible to prevent condensation "sticking" to the film that builds up in normal use on the glass.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
VW Golf windows misting up - Blakes_7
Check to see if the rear washer works: if the pipe has come off the roof lining will be wet and the car will steam up- not unheard of by VW.
VW Golf windows misting up - injection doc
are the carpets damp & if so you need to check door membranes & fit a new pollen filter
VW Golf windows misting up - Galad
Same thing happened to my 1996 Vauxhall Astra - windows misted up very badly during and after heavy rain and air conditioning couldn't cope. Turned out the problem was mostly due to wet pollen filter. I had inadvertently exacerbated the problem by over-exuberence with the hose when washing the car. I used to train the hose under the front wheel arches to clean out the mud picked up before our road was adopted and, according to my dealer, had managed to saturate the pollen filter in the process
VW Golf windows misting up - vwgolfmaz
dude i had the same problem, its the heater marix leaking, are you also getting a bad small