hdi fuel economy - scfc_151
I was just wondering how many miles people are getting out of a tank on 306 hdi,

the reason being im getting 620miles out of a 60 litre tank which im quite pleased with but just want to compare to others. Ive been told ive got 2 'dripping' injectors causing some slight rattle and smoke under load. However, if the economy is withing normal limits its not bad enough to worry about

cheers
hdi fuel economy - Martin1981
A guy in the street where my parents live has an X reg one of these and he says he gets around 600-620 miles on a mix of urban and motorway driving, so I don't think you need to worry all that much at the moment.

Martin
hdi fuel economy - DavidHM
I get 550 miles out of a 306 1.9 td, which is usually about 57 - 58l between fills.

I have also had a 406 HDi and a 406 td and the HDi was about 10% better so your figures sound absolutely spot on normal to me. Whether they'd be better with the injectors looked at is another question.
hdi fuel economy - DP
My brother in law had one of these and averaged between 600 and 650. Managed to eke out 700 once, but that was driving unrealistically gently and with a healthy dose of prayer for the last 20 miles or so. His 600-650 was 100 miles up on the average from our old TD engined version which did 500-550.

Cheers
DP

hdi fuel economy - Martin1981
Regarding the 1.9TD, 500-550 is pretty much the norm for one of these, depending largely on how the car is driven and how much you use the turbo. I got 530 miles on my latest tankful on a mixture of urban and cross country runs, with around 5-7 litres in the tank remaining. I have scraped 600 out of it on a few occasions, but that's pushing it!

Martin
hdi fuel economy - scfc_151
i use to own a 306 1.9td and that managed to get just under 600 from a tank. So im pleased that my figures on the new one are around the average, i definatly wont worry about spending £350 on recon injectors.
hdi fuel economy - Chug, Rattle & Knock
I get 650 out of my 1.9d, although I do spend a while at the fuel pump getting as much in as possible.