Changing Citroen C5 sidelight bulbs - mandamike
Is there a secret to changing the sidelight bulbs on a C5?
The handbook is useless in that it tells you how to change the bulb, (simple) but omits to say that you can't actually get your fingers on it. There is a bolt on top of the > headlight assembly which, if removed, makes the whole thing fairly loose and it looks as though it ought to be possible to pull it forward (there's enough slack in the wiring to allow that) but I haven't the courage to tug it too hard in case I do irreparable damage. That's what you have to do with the rear light assemblies however so I wonder..............?
What's the secret? Having just spent nearly £50 to have a garage change a sidelight I'd like to know. I find it hard to believe that a car could be designed so
that it's nearly impossible to reach a simple bulb.

Mandamike
Changing Citroen C5 sidelight bulbs - madf
"I find it hard to believe that a car could be designed so that it's nearly impossible to reach a simple bulb."

I don't . it's French.

I compared the ease of changing bulbs on a Mark3 Fiesta with a Saxo/106. No contest.
Or brakelight bulbs.
or brake pads
Or almost anything.

French car design is great in many things but maintenance friendly it is largely NOT.

madf
Changing Citroen C5 sidelight bulbs - xantmark
HI mandamike is your C5 a phase 1 or phase 2 have changed both on my 51 plate and they were easy just turn the plastic disc and stick your hand in if you have a phase 2 i have not got no idea try here autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/C5-L/ they are very helpful regards Mark
Changing Citroen C5 sidelight bulbs - M. F. Elkington

It's a long time coming but in case there are still some enquirers...I found that the bulb holder is latched in, the barb type bits are top and bottom in a vertical plane a gentle squeeze and pull is required, right angle long pliers may help, I only found this out after cutting a hole 2"X1" in the black plastic shell across the top of the holder (measured by feel) so that one finger could be pressed down and another, through the provided rear aperture, pressed up, to pull out the holder, no twisting required, the cut out was hot melt glued back, (black sticks are available) it has to be watertight as the headlamp case is a gutter for water from the bonnet.

All this is to avoid removing the front of the car, and all the rusted in fittings involved, to remove the headlamps.

Hope this gives you some better ideas, IF wet does get in, a saved silica gel bag, microwaved to dry. can be stuffed into the unit to very slowly dry it (several days, several bag changes), tie a string onto the corner of the bag so that they can be gently teased out for re micro-ing and replace all the rubber caps at all times.