Punto 55 M Reg - andrew122
I have a Punto 55 and i have checked all the wiring and i have no spark at spark plugs and no fuel at carburettor and i also have an irritating clicking from the white relay mounted on the bulk head. Does anyone know what the problem is i would appreciate any help with this matter.
Punto 55 M Reg - Rattle
All Puntos are fuel injected, the S also didn't have an imboliser until 96 where as the SX did from 95 I think. As its fuel injected it may well be an electrical problem. Have you traced what that relay does?
Punto 55 M Reg - JohnPug
I thought all Puntos had an immobiliser, my '95 55 S definately had.

Punto 55 M Reg - Rattle
Nope :) All the SX and ELX models did, I think all the 75s did, but the early 55 S's didn't. It may have been some time in 95 that they were made standard. From memory I think an imboliser light lit up as you turned the key and went out. I certainly looked an L reg 55 S which had no imboliser :).

Punto 55 M Reg - LeePower
The early basic Punto's didnt come with immobiliser or decent door locks, you where lucky to even get a drivers airbag.

They had a immobiliser fitted & the locks upgraded about 18 months in from launch.
Punto 55 M Reg - Rattle
Most the Punto MK1s don't have airbags, they were £155 option but some reason hardly any have them fitted. They were standard on ELX and Sporting versions but not the S and SX.
Punto 55 M Reg - bell boy
Cant remember a white relay under the bonnet
your car could or more likely hasnt got an immobilisor on an m
the symptoms do point to immobilisation though
suggest you carefully check all fuses in fuse box
can you hear pump priming with ignition on?
if so it may be worth checking your crank sensor as where they are placed on pun-kos they are susceptible to oil damage (bottom left front as you look under bonnet)
Fiat Punto 55 M Reg - andrew122
I have a fiat punto 55 M reg and i have had a mechanic mate of mine look at it and he has said that it has immobilised it's self is there any way of by passing the immobiliser if so how?
Fiat Punto 55 M Reg - LeePower
Decent auto electrician will be able to help you out.

No one will post up how to by pass the immobiliser on a public forum & if they did it would soon get removed anyway. {Too right it will - DD}