Peugoet 306 D Turbo Injectors - DieselFan
Hi i have a 1996 D Turbo that was recently diagnosed with a faulty diesel injector thus causing it to misfire and smoke alot.

The car has a Bosch Pump/Injectors however on such short notice i could only obtain 4 Lucas Injectors (from another D Turbo)and just installed them.

The Car is quieter and doesn't smoke anymore, however i have noticed that I do not feel the Turbo boost kicking in at 3000rpm like it did previously

My Question is....

Is the lack of Turbo boost due to an incompatibility between the Bosch Pump and Lucas injectors or is it down to something else

thank you
Peugoet 306 D Turbo Injectors - Martin1981
My 306TD has a Bosch Pump with Lucas injectors, since I had a replacement engine 2 years ago and although the turbo boost is probably slightly down compared with what it was pre-engine change, it's still nippy and fun to drive and returns mid 40s mpg. Turbo starts to come in around 1800rpm, builds gradually then comes in with a vengeance at 2100rpm, which is normal for these engines. I read somewhere about the different opening rates between Bosch and Lucas injectors, so maybe that's got something to do with it.

Martin
Peugoet 306 D Turbo Injectors - dieselhead
The opening pressure of the Lucas Injector is 30 bar lower than the Bosch so the Lucas injector is going to open too early and advance the injection timing. Really you should have had your old injectors cleaned and the opening pressures reset, costs about £60