Motorcycles - XF8U
Hi, dies anyone know if there is an Honest John type website for motorcycles. I am thinking about buying one but want to find out more first.
Thanks in advance
Mike
Motorcycles - No FM2R
Try asking here. There's quite a lot of motorcycling expertise here, its just that not many questiosn get asked.
Motorcycles - my old mondeo
www.ixion.org.uk/ is as close as I know, excellent forum.
Motorcycles - SteVee
Try asking here. There's quite a lot of motorcycling expertise here, its just that not many questiosn get asked.<<

I second that.
There are many forums for individual modes, and the different clubs - just type a model name or club name into google and click the IK only button and search.
But this site is as likely as any other to give you a useful response.
Motorcycles - Clanger
If you can cope with a site where many posters have a bad attitude and spelling and grammar skills are largely absent, try www.gbbikers.co.uk

Tell 'em hawkeye sent you ... :-o
Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land
Motorcycles - AlastairM
Depending on what make/model of bike you are interested in there are a number of specific websites out there.
Motorcycles - mss1tw
www.visordown.com
Motorcycles - Sheepy-by-the-Sea
Seconded www.visordown.com - but remember to buy a virtual round of drinks first time you post - their General section is 'entertaining' at times!

If you're looking to start out in motorcycling, sites like www.gbbikers.co.uk and www.bikechatforums.com are worth looking through - just be aware that these sites have quite a young demographic so style, priorities and grammar etc reflect that.

Anyway - while you're here - go ahead and ask your question!
Motorcycles - Vansboy
Depending on what sort of machine you had in mind, have a word with Nick at www.forcemotorcycles.com his stock is ex Police & MoD, mainly.

At least you'll have something thats had pretty good maintainence history, there!

VB
Motorcycles - DP
Although there are some good, helpful people posting on Visordown, there are also a lot of prima donnas on there who simply cannot be disagreed with without becoming aggressive / personal. I got tired of it pretty quickly.

At least on this forum we can disagree respectfully and it's forgotten by the next thread. Doing that on Visordown gets you on ignore lists.

That's just my experience of course, and I last posted about a year ago.

Cheers
DP

Motorcycles - StevieC
I am with Clarkson.... did anyone see what he did to the cool wall when Hamster put a bike on it?? rock on Jezza...... Sorry XF8 if I had an axe I wd be after this thread!! ;-)
Motorcycles - Garethj
The Survival Skills forum on Visordown is excellent for a new rider; there are quite a few instructors who post on there.

However, feel free to ask away on here!

StevieC, any petrolhead should have a try on motorcycles, it's the only way most of us can experience Hypercar levels of acceleration for the cost of a 5 year old Mondeo
Motorcycles - J Bonington Jagworth
"Clarkson.... did anyone see what he did to the cool wall when Hamster put a bike on it?"

It said a lot more about Clarkson than it did about the bike...